New York, New York
TSR Consulting Services, Inc.
TSR is a premier National U.S. Staffing company with over 50 years of staffing excellence.Our client, a leading Financial company is hiring a Risk Manager on contract basis.
Long term contract-NY,NY
VP Treasury Liquidity Risk Management and Liquidity Risk Reporting
BIA Overview: BIA aims to provide independent, reliable, valued, insightful and timely assurance to the Board and executive management over the effectiveness of governance, risk management and control over current and evolving risks, in the context of the current and expected business environment and in accordance with the international standards definition of internal auditing.
Overall purpose of role
Work collaboratively with others across BIA, while developing strong client relationships which are independent and be seen as a respected voice. Support delivery of BIA Finance and Treasury – Liquidity Risk audit plan.
* Collaborate and support the Director to define the appropriate coverage strategy and audit plan for Finance and Treasury Audit Team in US, taking into consideration the Audit Risk Appetite, the current and expected business environment, the regulatory requirements and the resourcing levels within the Function.
* Manage audit work to ensure that relevant risks and controls have been identified and appropriately assessed.
* Help the Audit Owner to manage audit execution on a day to day basis, working to ensure that audits progress as planned, within the define scope, budget and timetable.
* Continue to update awareness of risk issues and changes across relevant business units and use this knowledge to update audit approach where necessary.
* Review and complete processes and documentation of scoping, risk & control identification, control evaluation and observations in BIA audit toolkit.
* Write high quality observations and audit reports (with input from the audit team).
* Provide complete, accurate and timely information for BIA reporting.
* Proactively take on additional tasks as requested by the BIA Director/Managing Director
Stakeholder Management and Leadership
* Lead discussions with clients regarding audit observations, consulting with the Director where necessary.
* Build independent and respected relationships with clients on each audit and develop on-going relationships with key clients in aligned business area.
* Develop a wide network of contacts across BIA and the business to identify and work towards strategic goals.
* Own and drive personal learning to support achievement of career aspirations.
* Engage and motivate others to develop their skills/knowledge/experience to contribute to the success of BIA.
* Act as mentor and coach to less experienced team members and support others to develop. Provide guidance to junior team members during audit assignments.
* Create an environment to encourage knowledge sharing, asking questions and sharing viewpoints with BIA colleagues.
* Ensure the inclusion of all colleagues, regardless of background or circumstances.
Decision-making and Problem Solving
* Take into account reputation of Major International Bank at all times, through positive interactions and following policy, Major International Bank Values, framework and processes.
* Sets an example and supports fair and ethical behaviour in all colleagues.
* Make sure colleagues are equipped to be able to protect our reputation at all times.
* Challenge others where appropriate, if you believe self to be correct.
* Makes decisions on a broad range of factors, with Major International Bank values at heart.
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Major International Bank Policies and Policy Standards
* Exposure to end-to-end audits and/or controls assessment
* Proven ability to deliver timely high quality analytical work in a supervised environment.
* Excellent communication skills, ability to communicate effectively with technical specialists and non-technical individuals.
* Willingness and initiative to learn and share knowledge.
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
* Undergraduate degree and/or Industry qualifications (e.g. CFA , FRM, CIA, CPA, CISA, series 3,7, 24, 63)
* 7+ years experience with 4+ working in Treasury, Treasury Finance or Treasury Risk as a Liquidity Risk Manager or analyst or product controller or other responsibilities with a Treasury function.
Desirable skills/Preferred Qualifications:
* Strong understanding of Major Bank Treasury (Liquidity Risk Management and Liqudity Risk Reporting, Funding Plan and stress testing etc) management;
* Strong understanding of liquidity regulatory reports and/or reviews (e.g. CLAR, 5G etc)
* Excellent communication skills, ability to communicate effectively to senior risk management (both technical and non-technical);
* Good understanding of the evolving regulatory environment (e.g. US Stress Testing, Regulation YY, etc.) and its challenges;
* Strong risk and control understanding;
* Proven ability to deliver timely high quality analytical work in a relatively unsupervised environment;
* Proven track record of high performance in previous roles
* Displays willingness and initiative to learn and share knowledge;
* Strong oral and written communication skills
– provided by Dice
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.