At The Standard, you’ll join a team focused on putting our customers first.
Our continued success is driven by a high-performance culture. We’re looking for people who are collaborative, accountable, creative, agile and are driven by a passion for doing what’s right – across the company and in our local communities.
We offer a caring culture where you can make a real difference, every day.
Ready to reach your highest potential? Let’s work together.
What You’ll Do:
As a Vocational Case Manager, you will assess claimants’ education, training and work experiences and identify vocational assets, alternate occupations and modifications to work site or duties to prevent or minimize disability claims. You will develop and implement comprehensive plans of reemployment or vocational rehabilitation for claimants. You will also collaborate with employers to retain or return employees to work. You will initiate claim prevention, intervention and return to work programs for employers.
* Conduct employability assessments from file reviews and during consultations with division benefits staff.
* Analyze and interpret vocational and educational records and reports, and interview claimants and employers to determine claimants’ transferable skills and their ability to perform own or other occupations, with or without modifications.
* Recommend alternate occupations claimants could perform; include identification of assistive devices for job performance. Provide wage and labor market information.
* Develop, document and implement comprehensive and cost-effective return to work or retraining plans for claimants, which address medical, vocational and psychosocial components.
* Communicate with claimants, employers, medical treatment providers, outside rehabilitation counselors, and other carriers, such as workers’ compensation providers to ensure understanding and the goal of returning to work.
* Motivate claimants and employers to participate in light duty or rehabilitation programs to ensure return to work. Manage an effective network of vocational rehabilitation providers across the country. Assure cost containment and effective utilization of outside vendors and accommodation expenses.
* Provide claim prevention services by working with employers to evaluate their organizations’ trends in disabilities.
* Coordinate site visits and assessments; advise on educational programs for employee groups; recommend job site modifications and safety or procedural changes. Understand employer requirements under the Americans with Disabilities Act and coordinate workplace modifications.
* Collaborate with sales, underwriting, and our medical and benefits staff to recommend, develop and implement intervention and return to work programs and practices for employers and to promote sales and service to inforce and potential policyholders.
* Develop and conduct vocational education and training for division claims personnel.
The Skills and Background You’ll Need:
* Education: Master’s Degree is required. Degree in Vocational Counseling is preferred.
* Experience: A minimum of four years’ work experience in the vocational rehabilitation field, or the equivalent combination of education and/or relevant experience.
* Professional certification required: Current CRC or CDMS designation or ability to obtain such a designation within 2 years of hire is a job requirement
Standard Insurance Company, The Standard Life Insurance Company of New York, Standard Retirement Services, Inc., StanCorp Equities, Inc. and StanCorp Investment Advisers, Inc., marketed as The Standard, are Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status or any other condition protected by federal, state or local law. The Standard offers a drug and alcohol free work environment where possession, manufacture, transfer, offer, use of or being impaired by an illegal substance while on Standard property, or in other cases which the company believes might affect operations, safety or reputation of the company is prohibited. The Standard requires a criminal background investigation, drug test, employment, education and licensing verification as a condition of employment. All employees of The Standard must be bondable.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.