LBC Chicago Management, LLC
LBC Credit Partners (LBC) is a middle market direct lending and alternative credit investment firm headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, with offices in Atlanta, Chicago, Los Angeles and New York. With a team of over 60 professionals, LBC has invested over 7.4 billion across a wide range of industries since it was founded in 2005. LBC helps to facilitate acquisitions, buyouts, growth capital investments, recapitalizations, refinancings and restructurings primarily through investments in senior and junior debt along with equity co-investment.
LBC’s underwriting strategy is grounded in formulating a comprehensive understanding of our borrowers supported by detailed data analysis, financial modeling, a thorough review of company operations, and research on industry dynamics. The Vice President is a critical member of the investment deal team, working closely with loan originators and senior and junior members of the underwriting and research team. The Vice President will take a lead role in managing junior underwriters, identifying key credit issues, executing LBC’s underwriting process.
• Interacting with private equity sponsors, senior management teams, and other third parties to manage diligence work streams.
• Overseeing and managing multiple simultaneous transactions, including direction of deal teams to execute the underwriting process and review of junior underwriter work product.
• Analyzing historical and projected financial statements, including revenue drivers, margins, cost structure, working capital dynamics, and other cash flow items.
• Conducting a comprehensive review of 3rd party diligence and analysis of company operations, industry trends, and competitive dynamics.
• Composing and reviewing investment screening memos including company overview, industry overview, transaction overview, capital structure, investment thesis, key risks and mitigants, and financial performance including financial modeling.
• Participating in the presentation of due diligence findings to LBC’s investment committee.
• Supporting industry research and other underwriting process improvement initiatives including training and development of junior underwriters.
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following key qualifications: experience with middle market LBO financing transactions and cash flow lending, execution and management of underwriting processes including oversight of junior team members, loan structuring and documentation, credit analysis, experience analyzing financial statements of private, middle market businesses (specifically, companies acquired through LBOs).
Qualified candidates should also possess the following:
• Bachelor’s degree required; MBA, CFA a plus.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks under tight timelines.
• Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to think creatively, highly driven and self-motivated.
• Demonstrates ability to roll-up sleeves and work with team members in a hands-on capacity.
• Strong attention to detail, and a sense of urgency in gathering, synthesizing and communicating information.
• Ability to effectively manage and delegate.
• Expert level Microsoft Excel skills. Advanced knowledge of Office Suite. CapitalIQ and Bloomberg considered a plus.
• Demonstrates the highest levels of ethics, values and integrity; be respected within previous organizations as being a trusted professional.
• Holds self and others to the highest personal and professional standards.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.