New York, New York
About this role
As Vice President within BlackRock’s Global Compensation department, the position will work with a team of HR professionals in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment. The role will partner with HR, Finance and our systems colleagues to deliver effective reporting and analytics to the business on all aspects of BlackRock’s compensation programs.
Key Job Responsibilities:
* Oversee the development and delivery of the end to end annual compensation process, which includes, but is not limited to:
* Own and deliver the monthly financial forecast, monthly accrual and annual compensation processes, including, but not limited to corporate bonus pool allocation, compensation reviews, firmwide year end reporting and analytics, and the annual compensation budgeting process
* Partner with Finance and other HR teams to deliver upon regular Weekly CFO Financial Forecasts
* Partner closely with HR Platform & Analytics Team to ensure all business level and firmwide reporting requirements are clearly articulated and documented, and data is regularly reconciled and audited to ensure accuracy
* Ensure successful delivery of accurate annual cash bonus and annual salary changes data to the Global Reward Operations team for payment execution
* Manage the proprietary Compensation Recommendation System providing support for end users and making recommendations on how to improve system processes and design:
* Lead the preparation effort to ready the recommendation system for the annual compensation review cycle
* Oversee the team to ensure data integrity within in the recommendation system
* Drive the annual review and development of system functionality whilst ensuring the tool continues to meet the needs of its end users
* Review and implement overall process to better engage with internal stakeholders (i.e. HR Business Partners, Compensation Managers), which can range from technical systems to communicating compensation trainings
* Collaborate with Global Compensation Partners and/or HR Business Partners to complete non-standard ad hoc compensation-related inquiries and analyses
* Serve as the key point person for central deliverables to senior leaders during Year End
* Provide support on all aspects of annual compensation processes which will include managing the key deliverables required during the annual compensation review process
* Identify and drive continuous process improvement and efficiencies throughout the Compensation Reporting and Lifecycle Management and Global Compensation Teams
* Lead the Compensation Reporting and Lifecycle Management team in delivering upon global compensation processes. This includes, but is not limited to:
* Assume direct management of two Associate level employees
* Review and provide quality assurance for the Compensation Reporting and Lifecyle Management team deliverables
* Additional duties may include researching issues, special projects, or assisting the Compensation Team in development and implementation of team initiatives
Skills and Requirements:
* Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent);
* Compensation experience is required (financial services and/or consulting experience preferred);
* Significantly advanced proficiency in MS Excel (e.g. INDEX MATCH; complex SUMIFS; Power Query)
* Experience with Human Resources Information Systems (e.g., Workday) preferred;
* Strong and well-rounded project management experience, time management skills, attention to detail and ability to multitask with often competing priorities;
* Excellent communication skills. Able to express complex thoughts clearly and convincingly in writing, in-person, and in group settings;
* Discretion in dealing with confidential information and prudence when interacting with senior-level leaders;
* Able to deal with complex financial/compensation data;
* Self-starter constantly seeking and identifying process improvements and efficiencies;
* Advanced proficiency with MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
BlackRock’s purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, we help millions of people build savings that serve them throughout their lives by making investing easier and more affordable.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit | | LinkedIn:
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.