Brooklyn, New York
UI Designer & UI Illustrator,
Web Graphic Designer, Web Brand Designer
Are you seeking an amazing opportunity to join a fast-growing company? We need a talented and creative Web UI/Graphic designer/brand designer/product manager to join our team! The candidate will help brand our revolutionary search and VR products!
The ideal candidate is creative, energetic, well-organized, with a proven experience in graphic design, branding, marketing, social media design and marketing campaigns. Success criteria are the planning, execution and optimization of business visibility and revenue while enhancing the practice’s online digital presence. This candidate will work closely with leadership on the execution of the organization’s marketing activities (online and offline) in order to drive sales and brand promotion. This position will collaborate with internal and external partners to help assist, shape, and execute marketing activities that increase both customer and employee acquisition and engagement. This is a hands-on position responsible for the creative elements that will aid in generating, building and maintaining sales while also attracting and retaining employees.
Who we are at LavaMap:
LavaMap is a PropTech company that’s disrupting real estate search engines. We are a team of tech
nerds and real estate sharks that obsess over innovative search tools, predictive modeling, and 3D listing
Our mission is to help searchers find the best places to live and invest. We believe by providing a dynamic
platform to share and learn, we can promote a smarter evolution of cities, globally. We equip industry
players with the tools to effectively manage and sell their properties, and the research to make wiser
investment decisions. We are driven to be the leaders of the information technology renaissance in the
real estate industry.
What we are looking for:
What you will do LavaMap:
Your primary responsibility will be creating graphics for our brand that will appear in various channels (social media, website, print, etc.), which will engage our customers and drive our sales goals. This role may work alongside other functional areas of the business including: IT, Customer Service, and Operations. The successful candidate will be an innovative, out-of-the-box thinker who strives for design excellence and enjoys fast-paced work, variation and challenges.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
● Proficiency in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
● Ability to operate a camera and edit photos
● Strong understanding of design principles, excellent visual design skills and technical knowledge
● Detail oriented with high quality/accuracy and proofreading skills
● Strong organizational and note taking skills to set priorities and manage time
● Ability to take constructive criticism and change direction when needed
● Knowledge of offset printing process and how to design and create files for optimal print quality and efficiency
● Ability to meet aggressive deadlines in a fast-paced environment
● Dependable — reliable and consistent work ethic
● Adaptable/flexible — can go with the flow when projects shift in direction
● Detail-oriented — likes to think through every possible outcome and scenario
● Autonomous/Independent — can stand tall working with little direction
● Innovative — prefers working in unconventional ways and on tasks that require creativity
● Confident — comfortable asking questions and expressing feedback
● Full time position focused on the creation of the app, eventually carrying over into other projects
● Currently remote, eventually working out of our office in Hudson Yards
● Must be a good communicator and available via slack, phone, and email while we are remote
● Comprehensive health benefits
● We are a fun team with a lot of flexibility for the right person!
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.