Woodstock, New York
Job ID: 20465
Finance isn’t just about the numbers; it’s about supporting the entire business. As such, this entry level Staff Accountant role is a key member of the accounting staff providing general accounting and financial support to the AMETEK Rotron business, with manufacturing facilities in Woodstock, NY and El Cajon, CA. The Staff Accountant will directly support both the Assistant Controller and BU Controller, and assist in any ad-hoc analysis and projects as required.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a sharp entry level accountant that is hands-on and highly detail-oriented looking to take the next step into a role that will challenge their abilities. Candidates from public accounting or cost accounting backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Our ideal candidate is one looking for growth opportunities and career development.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Month-end journal entry preparation and analysis, and related balance sheet account reconciliations
• Assist with monthly financial closings and required financial reporting
• Coordinate and Participate in SOX month-end and quarter-end analysis
• Assist in the preparation of annual operating and capital budgets, and all related corporate reporting requirements
• Work with operations to identify variances and create efficiencies
• Provide management with financial reports and updates on a routine basis
• Work with business partners to ensure compliance with corporate accounting policies, procedures and controls and provide support on special requests
• Run computer driven reports and analyze and interpret the resulting data.
• Update operating system for new projects and communicate charge accounts to project owners
• Assist with forecast for P&L, balance sheet, working capital & related metrics
• Provide analysis on financial results (trends, performance metrics, benchmarks, margins, mix analysis, etc)
• Assist with annual physical inventories
• Engage in various department-wide initiatives
• Assist with both internal and external audit requirements
• Assist with cross training in other areas of accounting department
• Perform other related duties, ad hoc reporting & analysis, and special projects as required.
Required Skills and Abilities:
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft office including advanced skills in Excel
• Hyperion Enterprise and Oracle experience a plus
• SOX internal control assessments (Section 404) experience a plus
• Highly productive self-starter with strong work ethic and commitment to excellence.
• Strong accountability and detail oriented; prepares accurate and timely work product.
• Strong communication, presentation, interpersonal, planning and problem-solving skills
• Continuous improvement mindset
• Must have excellent analytical skills; sound understanding of accounting principles (US GAAP)
• Well organized and self-directed with the ability to relate to all levels of an organization
• Must be a team player with high energy
• Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree (BA) in Accounting and/or Finance required
• 1-3 years of hands-on Accounting Experience
• CPA or CPA candidate preferred, MBA or CMA a plus
• Experience in a manufacturing finance environment is preferred
• Prolonged periods of sitting and working on a computer
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class.