Whitney Point, New York
At Cepheid, we are passionate about improving health care through fast, accurate diagnostic testing. Our mission drives us, every moment of every day, as we develop scalable, groundbreaking solutions to solve the worlds most complex health challenges. Our associates are involved in every stage of molecular diagnostics, from ideation to development and delivery of testing advancements that improve patient outcomes across a range of settings. As a member of our team, you can make an immediate, measurable impact on a global scale, within an environment that fosters career growth and development.
Cepheid is proud to work alongside a community of six fellow Danaher Diagnostics companies. Together, were working at the pace of change on diagnostic tools that address the worlds biggest health challenges, driven by knowing that behind every test there is a patient waiting.
Learn about the Danaher Business System which makes everything possible.
The Senior Scientist is responsible for the design and development of real time PCR and RT-PCR IVD assays in an FDA-QSR and ISO13485 compliant organization. The ideal candidate will have experience in product commercialization, expert knowledge of scientific principles and concepts (such as nucleic acid extraction and real time PCR), and a high level of scientific creativity and technical proficiency.
This position is part of the Infectious Disease R&D Department and will be located in Sunnyvale, CA. At Cepheid we are committed to providing high quality products and service that consistently meet or exceed customers expectations. The focus on quality begins at the earliest stage of product design and carries through to the end user.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
· Implement and follow robust design control processes for CE and/or US-IVD tests.
· Design and execute test plans that demonstrate the ability to meet design input requirements that are well documented in reports.
· Perform analytical studies required to demonstrate technical feasibility of complex assays; develop and implement verification and validation SOPs and write technical reports; and perform real-time PCR optimization experiments using DOE (Design of Experiments).
· Work in a BSL2 environment and handle a variety of clinical sample matrices and microorganisms.
· Serves as a resource for junior scientific colleagues. May lead a technical group and/or serve as the functional lead on a project.
The essential requirements of the job include:
· Bachelors degree in related field (e.g. Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Bioengineering, Chemistry, Biology and Genetics) with 8+ years of relevant industrial experience OR a Masters degree in related field with 6+ years of related work experience OR Doctoral degree in related field with 3+ years of related work experience.
· Must have a strong background designing, developing, and optimizing real time PCR and RT-PCR assay.
It would be a plus if you also possess previous experience in:
· Designing oligos for microorganism detection with experience/knowledge of melt probes designs.
Cepheid, a Danaher company, offers a broad array of comprehensive, competitive benefit programs that add value to our lives. Whether its a health care program or paid time off, our programs contribute to life beyond the job. Check out our benefits at danaherbenefitsinfo.com .
When you join us, youll also be joining Danahers global organization, where 69,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, youll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. We value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
The EEO posters are available here .
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at to request accommodation.
If youve ever wondered whats within you, theres no better time to find out.