New York City (Manhattan), New York
NYU Langone Health
NYU LANGONE HEALTH [ is a world-class, patient-centered, integrated academic medical center, known for its excellence in clinical care, research, and education. It comprises more than 200 locations throughout the New York area, including five inpatient locations [ a children’s hospital [ three emergency rooms [ and a level 1 trauma center. Also part of NYU Langone Health is the Laura and Isaac Perlmutter Cancer Center [ a National Cancer Institute designated comprehensive cancer center, and NYU Grossman School of Medicine [ which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. _For more information, go to__nyulangone.org_ [ a__nd interact with us on__LinkedIn_ [ [ [ [ [ [ [
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Sr. Revenue Cycle Management Analyst.
In this role, the successful candidate serve as staff to executive level personnel for the purpose of special projects as assigned within the Health System regarding revenue opportunities. Responsibilities are primarily related to CDM maintenance, charge capture, process improvement, billing issues, and additional service revenue.
* Extracts and compiles data from various system sources to develop sound analyses leading to potential revenue cycle opportunities, conducting analyses related to CDM setup, charge capture, billing, and/or patient financial services. Utilizes appropriate analytical tools to extract, compile and manipulate data for purposes of analysis. Presents data in a clear, organized manner. Documents sources, specs, and assumptions for all analyses for future reference. Understands end goal of analysis, as a means to project data needs and requirements. Maintains skills in appropriate analytical tools (including, but not limited to Excel, Access, SAS, EPIC Resolute Billing, DSS system).
* Maintains data integrity when manipulating data files for purposes of analysis. Ensures data does not become corrupted in any way when performing analyses, through conscientious use of tools and a system of checks and balances. Spot checks result of queries and reports to ensure it meets with expectations before presenting finalized information. Runs data multiple ways when necessary to ensure accuracy of results.
* Liaises with department heads and other hospital personnel and executives for the purposes of information gathering to enhance revenue cycle opportunities. Represents RC department at meetings with hospital personnel. Seeks opportunities to gather information or knowledge from others outside of the RC department.
* Provides information and reports to other hospital constituencies regarding CDM, billing, and charge capture. Accurately communicates when applicable to other hospital personnel regarding RC department matters.
* Supervises and trains other analysts as needed. Monitors the quantity and quality of the work performed by staff and institutes the appropriate follow-up to ensure desired outcomes are reached. Plans work flow effectively and delegates responsibilities as needed for optimum performance. Trains new staff members in a planned, efficient and effective manner, ensuring full understanding of revenue cycle policies and procedures and facilitating optimum independent functioning of staff. Provides effective ongoing in-service training based on areas of identified needs; develops clear and concise training sessions to meet those needs.
* Works independently, takes initiative, and thinks critically. Has the ability to function without supervision, completes assignments timely, requests feedback appropriately, and initiates inquiries to gain additional understanding.
* As an employee with Management level standing, demonstrates leadership qualities in all aspects of work. Demonstrates initiative, drive and self-confidence. Adheres to a professional code of conduct at all times. Ensures compliance with all departmental policies and procedures. Complies 100% with all HIPAA requirements, required training, and other Hospital mandated activities.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
To qualify you must have 2-4 years of experience in healthcare finance/accounting, revenue cycle and/or decision support functions
– Knowledge of revenue cycle business processes
– High level of analytical skills, and excellent communication skills required
– Skilled in data extraction manipulation, and analysis to assist executive level personnel with the identification of revenue opportunities throughout the hospital
– Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
– Demonstrated time management/planning and organizational skills
Previous experience in a hospital finance setting (i.e. reimbursement, charge master, patient financial services, hospital operations, etc.). PowerPoint and EPIC Resolute Billing knowledge. Ideal candidate will have excellent analytic, presentation, and communication skills.
_Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization._
NYU Langone Health provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you’ll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Health’s EEO policies, please click here [ Please click here [ to view the Federal “EEO is the law” poster or visit for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here [
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.