Tarrytown, New York
Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced person to join Regeneron’s Pre-Therapeutic Target Discovery (PTTD) group. A qualified candidate would integrate into one of Regeneron’s most interesting and exciting teams, which focuses on characterizing the expression and function of genes with potential therapeutic utility. The PTTD employs a multitude of methodologies, ranging from high throughput specimen processing to cutting edge imaging techniques, to enable accurate detection of gene expression and phenotypes in genetically modified mice.
In this role, a typical day may include:
• In vivo: the management and analyses of genetically modified mice for the evaluation of developmental phenotypes, with particular focus on mechanisms vascular and angiogenesis defects. These will entail the analyses of embryonic gene expression, usage of organotypic and retinal angiogenesis models, and the gestational delivery of biologics (e.g. antibodies) for the correction of congenital malformations.
• Quantitative analysis of vascular structure and cellular parameters employing various image analysis software platforms.
• Performing cell culture related experiments, including transfections, cell lines maintaining, lentiviral infection, Crispr/Cas-9 mediated gene inactivation.
• Carrying out molecular biology experiments, including manipulation of genomic DNA, RNA, qPCR, molecular cloning, RNA probe labeling, proximity ligation assay (PLA).
• Analyzing protein samples using various biochemical techniques, including protein purification, western blot analysis, immunoprecipitation (IP), Co-IP.
• Carrying out histology related work: tissue processing, cryopreservation, tissue sectioning, immunohistochemistry and RNA in-situ hybridization.
• Performing tumor related experiments, including tumor xenograft, size measurement, and flowcytometry analysis.
• Keeping organized record, summarize experimental data, and present them to audience with various backgrounds.
This role may be for you if you:
• Are excited by the idea of learning multiple therapeutic areas
• Are interested in development or adaptation of new technologies.
• Are comfortable working cross functionally and incorporating the skills of internal and external resources as the need arises.
• Have a proven ability to develop new assays or technologies to advance the understanding of biology.
• Excel at coordinating and presenting data to all levels
To be considered for this role, you must have a minimum of a Bachelors and 8 years of relevant experience, or a Master’s degree and 5 years of experience. Strong background of mouse embryonic development is required. Experience in vascular development in mouse embryo and retina is desirable. Knowledge in oncology and tumor biology is a plus. Excellent written and verbal communication skills in the English language, ability to work as part of a team, strong organizational skills and the ability to conduct multiple simultaneous experiments and projects is vital. Ability to record, analyze, and report experimental results is also required.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.