Stanley, North Carolina
Wells Fargo Bank
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology is a team of more than 40,000 information technology and security professionals who help keep Wells Fargo at the forefront of America’s diversified financial services companies. Employees execute an engineering-led IT strategy to deliver stable, secure, scalable and innovative services that provide Wells Fargo global customers ’round-the-clock’ banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels. Wells Fargo Technology plays a critical role in the company’s customer and employee experience, business and risk management transformation, and growth agenda.
The Wealth and Investment Management Platform team provides support for Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) line of business applications. This includes Payables and Receivables, Commercial Card, Account Reconciliation and Disbursements, Lockbox, Information Reporting, and Pricing Tools, as well as, Enterprise payment applications, including ACH, Wires, and Secure Transmission applications. The team is accountable for the availability, stability, resiliency and operational health of all platforms. The team will partner with all teams in Wells Fargo including those in business operations to ensure all our customer transactions and associated technologies are monitored for operational health, performance, capacity and availability. The team will also play a key role in enabling and driving forward the agile acceleration and DevOps changes currently underway. Team members within this function will ensure availability is paramount, including our critical obligation of protecting our customer’s information.
We are hiring Senior Production Support Engineers to join the Platform Services Wealth Investment Management Technology (WIMT) Team. The Senior Production Support Engineer will deliver enterprise capabilities that improve overall availability of approximately 600 applications across the WIM business lines. We are looking for a senior-level engineer who enjoys and thrives on solving complex problems through innovation impacting change at scale.
You will join an elite team of engineers driving Technology’s transformation by introducing enterprise capabilities and products, launching new platforms, building tools, automating away complex issues, and integrate with the latest technology. The team will leverage experience as software engineers and systems engineers/administrators and work closely with the rest of the WIM development and architecture teams.
Key Responsibilities Include:
* Strong Operations and application support background with an expertise in writing code, building automation and enabling DEVOPS and SRE practices.
* Apply technology background in software engineering, SRE, multi Cloud platform management, DevOps, CI/CD, Observability, and Continuous Testing to deliver and introduce new technology capabilities to solve operational issues in a multi-cloud technology landscape.
* Ensure the applications are available, have full-stack observability, and are integrated with CI/CD and always-on by introducing continuous improvement through code, automation, self E healing/autonomic capabilities, APIs, continuous testing (performance, smoke, regression, functional, chaos) and providing operational insight through analytics.
* Assess the availability of critical business flows, identify service level objectives and indicators, and conduct destructive and resiliency testing to reach 99.995% availability for the firm’s critical products and services leading to improved customer experience and customer satisfaction.
* Instrument applications for enterprise observability through Application Monitoring, Logging, Visualization, Analytics, and AI/ML.
* Explore continuous inspection capabilities code quality to identify problems before they manifest in production.
* Introduce and expand AIOps, ChatOps, NoOps, build machine learning (ML) models and algorithms, and robotic process automation (RPA) to solve complex operational and systemic issues, and to improve availability of products to customers.
* Share support responsibilities for critical applications, to identify systemic issues, conduct blameless post mortems, root cause analysis, and introduce strategic solutions in code that solve the problem and eliminate repeat issues.
* 7+ years of software engineering experience
* 5+ years of application production support experience
* 3+ years of build-deploy automation and configuration experience within the Linux and Unix environment
* 3+ years of platform engineering experience
* 3+ years of scripting and automation experience
* An industry-standard technology certification
* Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
* 3+ years of experience with Cloud technologies
* Experience with Agile Scrum (Daily Standup, Sprint Planning and Sprint Retrospective meetings) and Kanban
* Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
Other Desired Qualifications
* Application Development Experience
* Experience with system administration across multiple platforms
* Experience with one or more CI/CD and Automation tools: Jenkins, Gradle, Maven, Git, SonarQube, Artifactory, Ansible, Puppet, Apigee
* Experience with one or more Observability/Monitoring tools: Elastic, Kibana, Grafana, AppDynamics, New Relic, DataDog, Kafka, CloudWatch, Jaeger, Zipkin, Big Panda, Splunk, TrueSight
* Experience with one or more Testing Frameworks: Selenium, JMeter, Blazemeter, Performance Center, Perfecto, Cucumber, Gherkin, ALM, Gremlin, Chaos Monkey, Chaos Toolkit, Simian Army, Toxi Proxy
* Experience with one or more OS and Platforms: AWS, PCF, PKS, Kubernetes, OpenShift, Linux, Azure, Windows, VMware
* Experience with one or more Data/Data Structures: Kafka, Apache Airflow, Logstash, Spark, Oracle, SQL, Mongo, Hadoop, Cloudera, AWS EMR, S3
* Knowledge of one or more additional capabilities: AIOps (Moogsoft, BigPanda, UIpath), Robotic Processing, Automation, Artificial Intelligence (AI)/Machine Learning (ML) Frameworks, Capacity Management
* Ability to work on call as assigned
* Ability to work outside of regular business hours
* Ability to work additional hours as needed
NY-New York: 100 Park Ave – New York, NY
NC-Charlotte: 1525 W Wt Harris Blvd – Charlotte, NC
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.