York, South Carolina
In 2022, Meritor, Inc. was acquired by Cummins Inc., combining the capabilities, talent and resources of our two companies. Now a business unit within Cummins’ Components segment called Cummins-Meritor, we provide a range of industry-leading components, including axles, brakes, suspensions, drivelines and aftermarket parts, for the commercial vehicle and industrial markets.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Cummins-Meritor, and we’re looking for team members to help us bring big ideas to life. Apply today to create new possibilities.
• Onsite: This position requires an employee to be on-site on a full-time basis.
The Sr. Controls Engineer is a key member of the Cummins-Meritor’s Corporate Industrialization team. In this role, you will assist and support day to day tasks of and not limited to requirements gathering, technical proposals, design and development of equipment controls and MES (Manufacturing Execution Systems) projects. The Sr. Controls Engineer will contribute to software/hardware architecture design, development of software/hardware applications, and integration into manufacturing processes and company-wide enterprise systems.
• Responsible for delivering product to customers that meet all quality and delivery requirements including JIT deliveries, sequence deliveries at a competitive cost.
• Responsibilities include controlling in-process and finished material, purchased domestically and internationally, scheduling it through the plant, and controlling all aspects of manufacturing to insure the required quality product is produced in a timely and cost effective manner.
• Maintaining ERP ORACLE to gain the fullest benefit and use of the system.
• Effectively utilize lean concepts and Six Sigma processes to drive out costs while maintaining a high standard of quality. Promote lean concepts utilizing APS.
• Responsible for developing metrics and driving bottom line financial results for the company.
• Mostly comprised of labor and burden improvements through the use of lean tools.
• Responsible for the integration of new products or processes into the York facility.
• Utilizing C2C to get the structured approach to launching new products.
• Work with local customers to ensure deliveries and quality expectations are being met.
• Participate in customer events such as LEAN and other process improvement events that benefit both Meritor and customer relations for the long term.
• Initiate action to prevent the occurrence of any non-conformities relating to product, process, and quality system.
• Identify and record any product, process, and quality system problems.
• Initiate, recommend, or provide solutions through designated channels.
• Verify the implementation of solutions.
• Control further processing delivery or installation of non-conforming product until the deficiency or unsatisfactory condition has been corrected as defined by applicable procedures and/or by delegation of the operations manager.