Los Angeles, California
Your role with the company:
Related Rentals is currently seeking a highly experienced Residential Maintenance Technician with a strong background in modern/luxury residential building. The Maintenance Technician will be responsible for common area and apartment repairs in the scope of plumbing, HVAC, electrical, carpentry, and appliances. Further oversight of the building’s curb appeal through building exterior inspections and grounds maintenance is required. Customer service and attention to detail are critical skills to ensure the satisfaction of the community’s residents.
Location: Los Angeles CA
Building Information: The Emerson
• Diagnose and repair problems in such areas as HVAC, electrical, plumbing, major appliances, carpentry, emergency systems, flooring, hardware accessories, masonry, painting/wallpaper, water features (pools, spas, etc.), fitness equipment, and waste management systems.
• Assist with organizing and prioritizing service requests and general maintenance tasks. Complete assigned service requests and repairs consistent with company operating and equipment/supply standards and in a timely manner.
• Ensure vacant apartments are rent-ready in a timely manner. Manage make ready schedule and perform turnkey work as required. Manage vendor work appropriately.
• Assist in the preparation of staff work and preventive maintenance schedules, daily rounds, as well as maintaining an inventory of supplies and tools sufficient for providing the appropriate level of service.
• Conduct apartment Preventative Maintenance (PM).
• Collect and remove trash and debris including pet waste from building areas.
• Inspect building’s grounds and buildings on a daily basis to identify maintenance needs.
• Maintain company customer service standards. Respond to resident requests and work with residents to minimize/resolve problems and complaints. Follow through to ensure issue is resolved.
• Maintain an injury free safety culture by following all policies and procedures and reporting any unsafe behavior or conditions including nonfunctioning equipment.
• Apply all applicable company policies and procedures such as, but not limited to company operating and safety standards. Train and promote safe work practices among on-site staff.
• Ensure compliance with all federal, state and local laws, specifically Fair Housing regulations.
• The ideal candidate will have 2+ years prior experience working as a Maintenance Technician in a Hotel or apartment building or similar environment that requires good hospitality and customer service skills.
• Ability to read and write English as demonstrated by clear and concise written and verbal communications, the ability to read service requests, to read and understand policies and procedures including but not limited to Key Control Policy and all Maintenance Emergency policies and procedures
• Ability to communicate with team members, residents and vendors in order to provide customer service.
• Ability to identify cleaning and chemical supplies, ability to read and understand Hazard Communication Safety Data Sheets (SDS), ability to understand proper applications of chemicals and general cleaning supplies, ability to frequently handle and properly dispose of these products.
• Knowledge of HVAC, electrical, plumbing, appliances, carpentry, emergency systems, flooring, hardware accessories, fitness equipment, waste management systems.
• Complete understanding of emergency systems, shutoffs, locations and sequence of operations.
• Ability to perform basic arithmetic skills such as measurement, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division in order to do basic calculations and analysis such as estimating, determining averages and percentages, and totals.
• Ability to frequently handle and use chemicals and general cleaning supplies.
• Ability to understand basic knowledge of boilers, chillers, cooling towers, electrical, flooring, plumbing, sprinklers and steam systems.
Related Companies is the most prominent privately owned real estate firm in the United States. Formed over 40 years ago, Related is a fully integrated, highly diversified industry leader with experience in virtually every aspect of development, acquisitions, management, finance, marketing and sales. Headquartered in New York City, Related has offices and major developments in Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, South Florida, Washington, D.C., Abu Dhabi, London, and Shanghai and boasts a team of over 3,500 professionals. The Company’s portfolio of over $50 billion in real estate assets owned or under development is made up of best-in-class mixed-use, residential, retail, office and affordable properties in premier high-barrier-to-entry markets. Related has developed preeminent mixed-use projects such as Time Warner Center in New York and CityPlace in West Palm Beach and is currently developing the 28-acre Hudson Yards project on Manhattan’s West Side. Related also manages approximately $3 billion of equity capital on behalf of sovereign wealth funds, public pension plans, multi-managers, endowments, and family offices. Related was recently named to Fast Company Magazine’s list of the 50 Most Innovative Companies in the World.
Related also owns Equinox® Fitness Clubs and SoulCycle further expanding the company’s capabilities into the health and fitness arena and enhancing the value of its properties through an exclusive, branded amenity and lifestyle offering. Related is a partner in CORE, a boutique residential brokerage. For more information about Related Companies please visit .
Related is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.