Tarrytown, New York
Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
We are looking for a Senior R&D Specialist for our VelociGene Vector Construction group. The VelociGene department creates genetically engineered models to support Regeneron’s entire early drug discovery portfolio. The individual should be versed with work in a molecular biology laboratory and have demonstrated strong attention to detail.
In this role, a typical day may include:
• Prepare high-quality bacterial artificial chromosome (BAC) DNA (maxi and midi-preps) daily to support our Production team following current SOPs in the laboratory.
• Perform quality control analysis of prepared BAC DNA constructs using restriction digests, gel electrophoresis (standard and pulsed-field), and next-generation sequencing.
• Analyze results and report data in a clear and concise manner.
• Operate and maintain Hamilton robotics and other instrumentation in the laboratory.
• Maintain accurate electronic records and excellent time management of daily tasks.
This role may be for you if you:
• Are familiar with working in a molecular biology lab.
• Have demonstrated strong attention to detail.
• Possess a strong work ethic and a high degree of attention to detail.
• Are able to work well on a team to achieve common goals.
To be considered for this role, you must have a bachelor’s degree and 8 years of related experience. You must also have strong knowledge of DNA analysis software (ex: MacVector, Sequencher) or ability to learn new software and techniques used in the group. We would prefer candidates who have experience with lab automation, specific SOP’s and additional data analysis software. Level will be commensurate with experience.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.