Tarrytown, New York
Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
The Senior Director, Clinical Sciences will support conduct of clinical studies, primarily with therapeutic antibodies and antibody-like compounds, and will play a key leadership role in clinical development programs, including being accountable for deliverables of the assigned program(s), resourcing, budget and timelines. Serves as Scientific and Medical Lead for Clinical team(s) working closely with operational leads- Clinical Therapeutic Area Project Manager and Clinical Trial Manager(s) for each indication/study, and with Therapeutic Area Program Manager(s) who serve as operational program lead(s) for programs within each respective TA. May assume leadership responsibility for a large section/indication of a development plan, or an entire asset development plan. The incumbent will provide strategic scientific and clinical foresight, insight, and oversight for therapeutic candidates about to enter and already in clinical experiments, and s/he will collaborate with the corporate partner clinical teams, providing medical and scientific support for the programs and communication with the medical community, establishing Regeneron as a key and competitive player. S/he will also work effectively with regulatory agencies both in the U.S. and internationally.
A day in the life of a Senior Medical Director may include the following responsibilities:
• Deliver high quality program deliverables on time and within budget. Collaborate with external partners,
including pharmaceutical companies and contract research organizations (CROs), in producing effective, efficient, and rapid clinical development programs.
• Manage, track and troubleshoot series of related trials within programs.
• Identify program risks; proactively create and implement mitigation strategies.
• Develop objectives and ensure that program goals are met.
• Lead work plans and provide clinical research direction.
• Develop and apply strategies to identify research opportunities.
• Work in a multidisciplinary management team with internal and external partners; direct activities of groups in multiple disciplines.
• Work effectively with regulatory agencies both in the US and internationally. .
• Utilize complete functional knowledge and awareness of Company goals and objectives in the planning and execution of clinical trials and in the interpretation of study results.
• Develop or review key study documents, including research protocols, study reports, clinical portions of regulatory documents, publications and formal and informal presentations of study data.
• Participate in professional development activities to keep abreast of developments in areas under study. Such activities may include meeting and seminar attendance, reading of scientific publications, etc.
• Contribute to related publications, abstracts and other forms of public communication presented
• Supervise/mentor less experienced members of the development team
In order to be considered for this role you must have an M.D. degree with strong preference for specialized clinical training in allergy & immunology or pulmonology/respiratory with a minimum of 6+ years of relevant industry experience.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.