Rochester, New York
Exempt for Base plus Commission routes, Non-Exempt for hourly routes.
The Route Sales Representative meets our customers needs through up-selling/cross-selling and provides superior customer service through proactively managing all route responsibilities. Performs other duties as required. Reports to the District Manager. Starting salary is $21.79 per hour, plus a great benefits package.
– Solicit new customers, up-sell/cross-sell/sample all lines of service or product and ensure a profitable product mix.
– Actively participate in promotions and contests, training and audits.
– Follow company policies and procedures regarding installation of new customers, managing customer needs and all aspects of service. Performance goals must be met on a regular basis.
– Ensure customer loyalty, retention and provide outstanding customer service. Build relationships, communicate openly, educate customers, manage customer needs and proactively resolve concerns in cooperation with supervision.
– Safely operate a delivery vehicle on each trip, following all applicable laws and company policy. Maintain vehicle cleanliness and perform regular vehicle inspections.
– Handle and process customer payments. Keep route paperwork current.
– Ensure timely and correct deliveries of complete textile loads, pick up soiled textiles and maintain proper inventories in accounts. Service items such as facility maintenance products.
– Monitor and report competitive activity. Keep service agreements current and renewed.
– Return from route and off load soiled textiles in the receiving area of facility.
– Accurately prepare route paperwork and follow check-in procedures.
– Follow written and verbal instructions and perform other tasks as directed by supervision.
– May work with and support other service personnel as required by supervision.
– Have and maintain a valid driver’s license, CDL when applicable.
– Have and maintain a driving record free of chargeable accidents, speeding or safety violations.
– Demonstrate excellent skills in the operation of vehicles and have a verifiable minimum one year experience of safe and successful driving.
– Demonstrate excellent skills in customer service and route sales.
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, ability to comprehend and follow direction, as well as good time management skills and team player.
– Recognize colors, sizes and types of product and count, add and subtract accurately.
– High School graduation or similar experience.
– Daily, by delivery vehicle within a route.
Typical Environmental Conditions:
– Operating vehicles on public roads, in and out of customer locations, loading areas of a typical industrial laundry facility, Service Center or depot.
– Indoor and outdoor areas of a typical industrial facility.
Typical Physical Activity:
– Physical Demands – sitting, grasping, driving, stooping, climbing stairs, moving carts up to 500 lbs, lifting up to 75 lbs, standing, walking, writing, speaking, hearing.
For a general description of benefits that are being offered for this position, please visit
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.