New York City (Manhattan), New York
NYU Langone Health
NYU GROSSMAN SCHOOL OF MEDICINE [ is one of the nation’s top-ranked medical schools. For 175 years, NYU Grossman School of Medicine has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history and enrich the lives of countless people. An integral part of NYU Langone Health [ the Grossman School of Medicine at its core is committed to improving the human condition through medical education, scientific research, and direct patient care. For more information, go to [ and interact with us on Facebook [ Twitter [ and Instagram [
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Research Analyst.
The Division of Epidemiology seeks a Research Analyst to join the research team for the NYU-CUNY Prevention Research Center. The overarching goal of the NYUCUNY Prevention Research Center (PRC) is to advance scalable communityclinical linkage models to improve access to care and reduce chronic disease disparities among hardtoreach, socially
This position sits within a newly funded project – the New York City Health Justice Network (NYC HJN), an innovative program to improve the health and wellbeing of persons with justice involvement (PWJI) by increasing their access to, engagement in, and quality of community-based health and social services. PWJI are defined as anyone who has had direct contact with any level of the criminal justice system (e.g. incarceration, probation, parole, police contact, etc.) Primary care and community- based organizations (CBOs) with experience serving PWJI will explicitly partnered to serve NYC HJN clients, employing an innovative client engagement strategy that includes: 1) employing community health workers with lived experience of the criminal justice system working as navigators between the health and social systems; and 2) implementing trauma informed care interventions in clinical and community settings.
* Assist with the development, implementation, and evaluation of the NYC HJN.
* Oversee data collection and management activities, generate reports for dissemination, and collaborate with other research staff to coordinate research and evaluation activities.
* Assist with updates and modifications to NYC HJN case management platform and developing and maintaining database documentation
* Conduct analysis of NYC HJN case management data to explore relationships between program dose and outcomes of interest (e.g., patient activation, care engagement)
* Prepare NYC HJN data for, and assist research team with, administrative data linkage of NYC HJN program participant case management data with Medicaid dataset
Develop tools for mixed-methods evaluation research
* Collect, transcribe, code, analyze, and interpret qualitative data for the purpose of delineating the acceptability and the perceived feasibility of adoption, expansion, and maintenance of the NYC HJN among network partners
* Update and prepare reports for senior managers, partner sites, and other stakeholders and generate publications and other written products based on findings from analyses
* Assist with regulatory activities, including developing and submitting materials required by agency institutional review boards.
* Provide administrative support for evaluation activities conducted by NYU-CUNY PRC researchers, including scheduling interviews and communicating with research partners
* Explore models of sustainable payment through interviews with payer representatives and avenues for payer involvement and develop related dissemination tools and products in partnership with NYU-CUNY team
* Assist with other duties, tasks, and special projects as needed
* To qualify you must have a bachelors degree and project management experience is required.
* A background or coursework in research or research methods.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (including Excel).
* Experience organizing events or conducting community outreach.
* Field-based evaluations, and developing and maintaining documentation of datasets for use by other investigators.
* Proficiency with SAS, SUDAAN, SQL, and other statistical analysis software.
* Graduate-level work experience in data analytic techniques, statistics, measures of association, or related data analysis fields.
* Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
* Ability to organize and prioritize to meet multiple demands and expectations in a fast-paced work environment.
* Candidates with lived experience of the criminal justice system are strongly preferred.
_Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization._
NYU Grossman School of Medicine provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you’ll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Grossman School of Medicine is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Grossman School of Medicine’s EEO policies, please click here [ Please click here [ to view the Federal “EEO is the law” poster or visit for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here [
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.