Syracuse, New York
Trinity Health Corporation
Hybrid remote work- 3 weeks working from home and one week in the office. During orientation the colleague would be required to be present in the office.
Full Time Days
4101 Medical Center Drive
Fayetteville, NY 13066
The colleague would be expected to follow the Trinity Remote Work policy and Remote Work agreement. Accountability guidelines would include the following:
* If colleague unable to remote in , they would need to come into the office to complete their assigned shift
* Productivity monitored on a daily basis-once oriented the colleague should be able to answer 25-30 calls per day.
* Normal work hours will be established and communicated out monthly
We, St Joseph’s Health and Trinity Health, serve together in the spirit of the Gospel as a compassionate and transforming healing presence within our communities.
To be world-renowned for passionate patient care and outstanding clinical outcomes.
In the spirit of good Stewardship, we heal by practicing Justice in fostering right relationships to promote common good, Reverence in honoring the dignity of every person, Excellence in expecting the best of ourselves and others; Integrity in being faithful to who we say we are.
JOB SUMMARY: Implement, support, and maintain the mission of St. Joseph’s Physicians Primary Care, to deliver quality, accessible healthcare with compassion and service excellence.
The Triage Nurse performs telephonic clinical assessment and health education across the life span, determining appropriate disposition and follow up plan of care.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Responsible for the management of incoming calls from patients, assessing their needs and providing appropriate clinical responses within their scope of practice.
Perform a systematic, comprehensive assessment of the patient to determine the urgency of patient symptoms and recommend the proper level of care required Ability to make critical independent decisions related to the clinical information received from patients during triage and prioritize appropriately Provide professional advice, education and options based on assessment and clinical judgement within scope of Practice Act as a clinical liaison for patients, families and other members of the patient care team, escalating patient issues as needed Accurately documents pertinent information for all calls Assists Call Center with clinical questions, as needed
* Obtain pertinent Medical Records from other facilities
* Assess patients for any immediate care needs and redirect to appropriate care team/providers
* Participate in team meetings and offers feedback to/from staff and providers
* Maintain a safe, clean and neat environment for patients and personnel
* Demonstrate adaptability and accept change in a positive manner
* Readily assists other staff members upon completion of assigned duties
* Assists in orienting and training new colleagues
* Responsible for keeping up to date on corporate communications such as email and internal network such as the Pulse, SJEN, etc.
* Responsible for completing and maintaining all required training relative to job function
* Act as a role model to all employees
* Understands and exemplifies a strong adherence to professional code of conduct, departmental policies and procedures.
* Follow all policies and procedures mandated by St Joseph’s Physicians and the governing bodies regarding HIPAA and OSHA.
* Abide by the policies and procedures set forth in the St Joseph’s Health Employee Handbook.
* Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or requested.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Excellent communication and organizational skills
* Strong customer service skills, including active listening, empathy, respect, restatement and the use of open-ended question
* Ability to multi-task and adapt to shifting priorities
* Proficiency in making critical independent decisions and prioritize appropriately
* Ability to document in electronic health records thoroughly and appropriately
* Knowledge of office workflows and interoperability
* Demonstrate ability to work independently and as a team
* Maintain high degree of discretion when dealing with confidential information
* Detail oriented and self-motivated
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* Current license or valid permit to practice in the State of New York
* Current Basic Life Support certification
* Experience working with patients with chronic medical conditions
* Demonstrates ability to communicate and form working relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization
* Will require ability to stand, sit, bend, twist, squat and reach. Some lifting is required.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND HAZARDS:
* Category 1- Duties performed routinely require exposure to blood, body fluid and tissue.
Trinity Health’s Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs about 133,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 22 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health’s dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.