Buffalo, New York
PrimeFlight Aviation Services Inc
*Essential Functions: *
As a valued member of the PrimeFlight team, you will provide a prompt and efficient service to our airline clients and their passengers by performing the following duties:
* Guide arriving aircraft to the gate safely without damage or injury
* Unload baggage and cargo in a speedy and safe manner
* Deliver arriving luggage to the claim area within client guideline
* Upload outgoing cargo and baggage according to load plan requirements
* Dispatch aircraft safely without damage or injury
* Maintain area cleanliness
* Periodically check the ground equipment for functionality
* Demonstrate regular, predictable attendance at job location
* Exceed PrimeFlight customer service and safety standards
* Carry out other duties as assigned
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies: Problem Solving, Customer Service, Interpersonal, & Oral Communication.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this Job Description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
General Qualifications: *
* 18 years of age
* Reliable transportation
* Eligible to work in the United States
Language Ability: *
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to communicate effectively in English.
Reasoning Ability: *
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
*Computer Skills: *
No skills needed.
Certificates and Licenses: *
Valid State Driver’s License with a verifiable safe vehicle operating record.
*Supervisory Responsibilities: *
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment: *
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but may become high at various times. Employee must be willing to wear/utilize company-supplied personal protective equipment (hearing protection) to mitigate their noise exposure.
Most work is in an outside environment, with exposure to hot and cold temperatures and inclement weather.
*Physical Demands: *
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Continuously stand and walk for 6-8 hours
* Repeatedly lift 70 pounds or more:
* Must be able to lift, push, pull, or carry heavy bags
* Must be able to bend, stretch, twist, squat, and reach out with the body, arms, and/or legs
* Must be able to lift bags high enough to transport luggage
* Use hands to finger, handle, or feel
* Be able to work in tight spaces
* Be able to hear and respond to the spoken voice and to audible alarms generated by terminal environment
* Specific vision abilities required for this job include: Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less); distance vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more); color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors); peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point); depth perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships); ability to adjust focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus)
Because the job involves heavy physical work, i**t is important to be physically strong.*
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $12.50 per hour