Patchogue, New York
Quality Technician FULL-TIME $17/hr
– Performing in-process inspections and advises operations on status of jobs, verbally or in writing.
– Communicating, in a professional manner, the acceptability of product and action for handling of nonconforming product by defining levels of acceptance for quality defects using samples, drawings and/or definitions and ANSI recommendations.
– Setting up and manages sorts of internal or returned nonconforming product.
– Writing procedures for quality functions.
– Facilitating the development of procedures for other departments as needed.
– Providing start and end approvals as required.
– Performing final inspections of product and review batch records to approve shipment of product as required.
– Performing tests / studies for management as required.
– Facilitates root cause analysis of internal non-conformances.
– Performing Effectiveness Reviews on Internal and Customer Corrective Actions.
Answers operator questions about the Product Process Quality System.
– Interacting with Managers, Supervisors and Operation Specialists via phone, in person and in writing for quality inspection requirements, sorts, and containment of nonconforming product.
– Providing training to production / company employees on Quality documents.
– Locating and accessing quality records and retrieves specific information from these records.
– Suggesting quality system improvements. Clarifies and simplifies existing Quality System documentation.
– Actively promotes a positive quality culture.
– Participating in root cause analysis of customer complaints. Follows-up and records corrective actions.
– Analyzing and trends internal non-conformances, customer complaints, and internal audit results.
Interacts with customers in writing, over the phone and in person.
– Attending customer meetings and participates in customer audits.
– Travellingto customer facilities to train their employees or to sort nonconforming product.
– Clarifying and simplifying existing Quality System documentation relating to product or process.
– Attending meetings for introduction of new product/process.
REM-03 WS-03 WS-LC
Shift start: 11:00PM
Shift length: 8 hours
WestRock Company manufactures and sells paper and packaging solutions for the consumer and corrugated markets in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. The company operates through three segments: Corrugated Packaging, Consumer Packaging, and Land and Development. The Corrugated Packaging segment produces containerboards, corrugated sheets, corrugated packaging, and preprinted linerboards for consumer and industrial products manufacturers, and corrugated box manufacturers.