Dunkirk, New York
Quality Lab Technician FULL-TIME
The Quality Assurance Technician will have a working role within the Plant Quality Assurance Department performing all necessary tasks to support Plant Operations, Plant Quality Assurance, and Corporate Quality initiatives reporting to the Quality Assurance Supervisor. Refresco is committed to providing the necessary tools, training, and leadership support to foster a culture of high performance, quality teamwork, and innovation. Refresco provides a sound career path that will expand opportunities for growth for all of our associates.
– Responsible for the maintenance of all lab equipment. This will include the accuracy and repeatability of test results through routine monitoring and calibration of equipment.
– Perform testing of batches to ensure the final product specifications are met.
– Review batches and be able to perform adjustments to batches (ingredient additions) using mathematical calculations that ensure results are in alignment with the original formula integrity. This includes close scrutiny through objective testing to ensure parameters such as flavor, appearance, and odor are also in alignment.
– Enter batch data into all relevant software (Batch Approval Software, SPC, SAP)
– Audit the finished product results for capping integrity, label integrity, packaging coding, and fill control (weights) to ensure customer specifications are met.
– Be knowledgeable of all forms and paperwork required to perform the job both in production and batching areas.
– Monitor all process control and ensure that any non-conforming product does not reach an internal or external customer. This involves using the hold process including red-tagging finished product when required.
– Learn, follow and exemplify Good Lab Practices and GMP requirements
– Understand facility layout, and process flow of the product from inception to the warehouse.
– Communicate effectively to all levels of the operation in real-time to facilitate solutions to any Quality issues that may arise.
– Minimizing the costs of defects and/or rework through early detection is a primary goal. Must understand SQF (Safe Quality Food) guidelines.
Shift start: 11:00PM
Shift length: 8 – 12 hours
Typically Monday – Friday with every other weekend. One week’s schedule is Mon-Sat, next week would be Sun-Fri. 12 days on and 2 days off.
Post-secondary education OR 3 years of previous experience working in a manufacturing labMust be computer literate / proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and OutlookHACCP Certification is required.
We are the world s largest independent bottler for retailers and A-brands in Europe and North America. We combine production of retailer brands and contract manufacturing for branded beverage companies on an effective multiuser production platform that benefits from scale advantages and additional services. Our production platform covers over 60 manufacturing sites in Europe, US, Canada and Mexico providing customers with close proximity and reliable service across geographies. Our global supply chain expertise and local innovation capabilities offer an almost unlimited variety of soft drinks, fruit juices and other beverages, manufactured to individual customer specifications and requirements.
Associated topics: intern, lab support, lab technician, laboratory technologist, qa, quality, quality assurance, quality control, routine care, sample collection
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.