Rensselaer, New York
Nesco Resource is partnering for a well-regarding and rapidly growing biotechnology firm in its search for a QC Analyst (Automation). This is a one-year contract position with the potential for longer-term or permanent hire.
Summary: Support the Quality Control (QC) department by performing laboratory device coding and participating in the implementation of new and current automated devices and integrated systems, programming new methods to support QC automation activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Programs QC laboratory devices, such as liquid handlers. Develop expertise in the utilization of such devices and the ability to translate the user/developer needs into programming steps
• Perform activities related to design, commissioning, performance improvement, and troubleshooting of automation technologies
• Implements modifications/changes to established procedures and protocols
• Provides technical and automation operational support to QC GMP lab
• Support development and end user personnel as needed throughout implementation of novel applications of automation within the QC labs
• Support equipment and software qualification/validation activities.
• Draft or revise standard operation procedures (SOP), protocols, work instructions and other necessary GMP documentation as needed
• Provide support for automation/robotics related investigations and other quality processes
Education and Experience:
• BA/BS degree in a scientific or engineering discipline
• Experience with liquid handlers, general biology/chemistry knowledge, and hands-on lab experience are a plus
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Strong written and verbal communication and organizational skills
• Programming experience is a plus: C#, Python, C, C++
Nesco Resource and affiliates (Lehigh G.I.T Inc, and Callos Resource, LLC) is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.