New York, New York
A Senior Private Market Consultant to perform a variety of complex financial, technical and research activities, with a focus
on implementing best practices in operational due diligence and fee recomputation for the private
market asset classes which may include real estate, private equity, private debt, hedge funds and
• Build a framework for oversighting third party service provider’s operational due diligence over
private market investment managers, including their brokers, fund administrators, third party
valuators, etc. as part of:
o the onboarding of new investments,
o new investment strategies
o as well as throughout the lifecycle of investments
• Implement a vendor management program to validate private equity fee computations for
o Develop criteria for selecting a subset of all private equity holdings for recalculation
based on the results of operational due diligence, age of the investment, amount of
the stated fee, etc.
o Work with the service provider and General Partners to ensure necessary data is
o Create a process to oversight the work of the fee recalculation service provider
• Onboard a third-party hedge fund fee recalculation service provider.
o Gather requirements from stakeholders
o Work with third party vendor to provide necessary historical and computational
o Communicate SWIB expectations and develop a Service Level Agreement
o Implement a framework to oversight the service provider’s work
• Validate complex management and performance fee accruals for private market asset class
• For the above tasks serve as an escalation point within the assigned functional area to work with
process owners, service providers, advisors and other interested parties, informing them of the
issues/events and helping to minimize potential adverse impacts.
• Perform root cause analyses based on gathered data and best practices. Identify and assess
alternative mitigation actions to avoid issues/events/process inefficiencies/undue risks from
occurring in the future
The ideal consultant will have:
• Bachelor’s Degree in business, finance, economics, or related field
• Minimum of five years’ experience in finance, accounting, economics or related industry (seven
• CPA, CFA or CAIA designation preferred
• Knowledge of audit techniques and practices
• Strong analytic and problem solving skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
– provided by Dice
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.