Rochester, New York
Designs, develops, and implements cost-effective methods of testing and troubleshooting systems and equipment. Prepares test and diagnostic programs, designs test fixtures and equipment, and completes specifications and procedures for new products. Plans the labor, schedules, and equipment required for testing and evaluating standard and special devices. Having wide-ranging experience, uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
POSITION DUTIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
· Lead innovative state of the art design techniques.
· Problem solving expert using tools such as Fault tree, KT, Fish Bone, etc. with the ability to synthesize issues into clear, concise impact and recommendations Including full documentation.
· Strong Statistical Analysis understanding.
· Seen as technical liaison between Operations and Engineering.
· Coach / Mentor and ability to asses test engineers.
· DFT expert / champion.
· Technical expert in RF circuit theory and testing techniques.
· Ability to maintain test documentation
· Ability to develop tests processes that proactively prevent failures (not just meeting specifications).
· Ability to Analyze existing test processes and improve efficiency.
· Provides technical support for existing test platforms used by production and field service. This includes doing root cause analysis and leading/implementing corrective action efforts
· Initiates, justifies and implements test-related enhancements needed for increased production capacity, improved test yields, reduced cycle time and opportunity for error
· Trains others engineers and technicians in the use of newly deployed test systems and software tools.
· Mentor and direct the activities of Jr. level test engineers and technicians
· Generates CIPs
· Ability to interface with customers on test issues
· Use of Gage R&R, correlation analysis, and other statistical methods.
· Develop presentations, both internal and external, to demonstrate BKMs, lessons learned, knowledge, new ideas, etc.
· BS Degree in Electronics or computer programming field
· 8 plus years of related work experience or 4 years with MS Degree
· Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing to others at various levels including management, engineering and production
· Ability to independently identify and solve test related issues with little or no supervision or direction and follow through to completion
· Strong leadership skills, passion for test engineering, team player and a positive work ethic
· Ability to train/mentor other engineers as well as test operators who may be using test systems
· Assists in the interview/selection process of other engineers, aides and technicians
· Expert in test software development for automated testing of PCBA’s, subassemblies and systems
· 4 plus years of full life cycle software development experience, using Visual Basic and/or .Net. Experience with LabVIEW and/or TestStand is a plus.
· Strong familiarity in the use and application of automated test hardware and interfaces including IEEE/488, USB, LAN controlled instrumentation and PXI hardware
· Knowledge of manufacturing processes and transition of products from design to production test
· 5 plus years of experience in analog test design in RF and or high power DC switching supplies
· Expert in solving complex problems relating to test automation and development
· Demonstrated project management skills
· Some domestic & international travel may be required
· Occasional work hour flexibility to accommodate international conferencing and deadlines
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.