Syracuse, New York
Wayne Fingerlakes BOCES
Administration (Instructional)/ Principal – Secondary
Martha Brown Middle School
Date Available: 07/01/2022
TITLE: MIDDLE SCHOOL PRINCIPAL
This position is at Martha Brown Middle School. The building serves students in Grades 6 through 8.
The Fairport Central School District is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. The District is committed to achieving a more diverse workforce. Candidates of diverse backgrounds and experience are strongly encouraged to apply.
1. Successful experience in education, including teaching, supervision and/or administrative experience.
2. A valid New York State administrative certificate to perform in this position (i.e., School Administrator & Supervisor, School District Administrator or School Building Leader).
3. Comprehensive knowledge of and experience with the NYS Next Generation Learning Standards and Student Learning Objectives and the NYS Culturally and Sustaining Education Framework.
4. Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Superintendent may find appropriate and acceptable.
SUPERVISES: Assistant principal and other building staff
JOB GOAL: To plan, direct, facilitate and administer the total program of the school to ensure that students receive the best possible education and services with the resources available, and that the school is an attractive, pleasant, healthy, safe and productive place in which to learn.
1. Serves as instructional leader of the school. Sets goals for the school, prepares long and short range plans to accomplish these goals, implements the approved priorities, administers the programs, and evaluates the results in accordance with District needs and expectations.
2. Fosters a school culture that promotes diversity, equity and inclusion.
3. Directs all student expectations utilizing restorative practices and the PBIS model.
4. Oversees attendance and pupil accounting procedures for the school and works closely with the assistant principal in handling the related daily responsibilities.
5. Utilizes data to inform decision-making in relationship to curricular, instructional and professional development goals and outcomes.
5. Cooperatively establishes and implements guidelines for the administration and supervision of the school program, staff and students in accordance with the school’s needs and the District’s expectations.
6. Develops plans to ensure the social, emotional and academic success of each student.
8. Plans and directs student activities conducive to the diverse interests and needs of the students and the development of positive school climate.
9. Coordinates and directs building management functions for an efficient and economical management of the school.
10. Keeps the Superintendent of Schools informed about the school’s plans, programs and activities.
11. Informs students, staff, parents and the public about the school’s plans, programs and activities and works with school groups related to the school in the interest of effective communication.
12. Uses multiple means to develop and sustain ongoing family communication and engagement.
13. Assists in setting goals for the District and establishing administrative guidelines as requested by the Superintendent.
14. Keeps abreast of changes and developments in education and uses this knowledge constructively in the operation of the school.
15. Performs such other tasks and responsibilities as may be assigned by the Superintendent.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Twelve month year. Salary and benefits to be based on the agreement between the Fairport Administrators Association and the Fairport Central School District.
Superintendent of Schools
Performance in this position will be evaluated by the Superintendent of Schools.