Corning, New York
Burns Matteson Capital Management
Burns Matteson Capital Management is looking for an experienced financial professional to join our team. The ideal candidate will be excited to develop next-generation systems and procedures from the ground-up for the effective trading and rebalancing of our client portfolios approaching $300 million. You will be well versed with existing trading tools available in the marketplace and be prepared to offer recommendations for both technological and procedural improvements for the firm. We are looking for someone comfortable working in a small-office environment and who has at least 3-10 years of relevant experience with an RIA or BD firm.
The ideal candidate can work independently and is self-motivated with a desire to make the firm better. You will enjoy researching various investments for inclusion in client portfolios, and you will be able to simplify complex investment themes for client communication. This employee will be comfortable composing client e-mails as well as investment newsletters and updates for our website.
Compensation will be based on your experience and the value you can bring to the firm.
• Develop and maintain a next-generation trading system for the ongoing rebalancing of client portfolios.
• Document all procedures related to the system that is created. Be a skilled communicator who can document and teach the system to other employees as the firm grows.
• Work with the firm advisors in creating model portfolios for clients.
• Review all client portfolios for drift away from the models.
• Become an expert in our RiskAlyze software to better manage the risk and return tradeoffs for clients.
• Research separately managed accounts (SMAs), mutual funds, exchange-traded funds, and individual equities for inclusion in client portfolios.
• Perform initial and ongoing due diligence on all securities recommended for client portfolios. Document all due diligence and manager interviews for our compliance audits.
• Be prepared to research certain “one-off” investments that are not currently owned by the firm but are requested by clients.
• Look for opportunities for tactical rebalancing throughout the year.
• Review and implement tax-loss harvesting opportunities in taxable client portfolios throughout the year, and especially during times of heightened market volatility.
• Utilize our research partners to stay abreast of external data such as interest rates, unemployment trends, political outlook, and other macro data to allow you to communicate effectively with both employees and clients.
• Write education pieces, e-mails, and market updates for existing clients.
• This is not a sales or a business development position. Our candidate will be assisting with the trading and rebalancing of all existing and future client portfolios.
• A Bachelor’s degree is required.
• CFA® charterholders and/or CFP® professionals preferred.
• Experience in an RIA setting is preferred, but B/D experience is acceptable.
• Series 65/66 is required, or the ability to obtain within your first 30 days.
• Exceptionally strong Excel skills are required.
• Strong organizational, process-driven, and follow-through skills.
• Strong written communication skills.
• Familiarity with Black Diamond Software, RiskAlyze, and Charles Schwab Advisor Services is helpful.
• Familiarity with SEC compliance policies and procedures is helpful.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.