K.A. Recruiting, Inc.
Looking for a MT/MLS job? My name is Leah and I’m a healthcare recruiter, I’m here to help!
I have a new Certified Medical Laboratory Scientist I position available near Hallam, Pennsylvania!
– Full-time and permanent
– Shift: Evenings 3:00pm – 11:00pm OR Days OR Nights
– Opportunities for growth
– Full, comprehensive benefits package (PTO, health insurance, life insurance, 401k, etc)
– Under the general supervision of the Laboratory Team Leader or Manager, performs a variety of technical and general duties at a basic skills and knowledge level. Functions in one or more laboratory divisions.
– Performs routine and/or specialized testing and procedures with supervision as appropriate.
– Performs a variety of duties at progressively greater skill levels under varying degrees of supervision; records results. May operate a variety of laboratory instruments.
– Performs quality control and instrument check procedures and maintains related records.
– Inoculates, cultivates, classifies, and identifies microorganisms found in bodily fluids, exudates, skin scrapings, autopsy and surgical specimens in order to provide data on cause, treatment, and prevention of infectious diseases.
– May group or type blood of donors and recipients. May determine compatibility of donor blood products with intended recipient.
– May perform chemical and/or immunological tests to identify and/or quantitate substances found in blood and other body fluids.
– Counts, describes morphology of, and performs specialized studies on blood and other body fluid cells. Performs coagulation testing.
– Prepares and maintains reagents, and other solutions and stains according to standard formulas.
– Trains other employees in day-to-day procedures.
– May consult with medical staff and other health care providers on matters relating to laboratory services.
– Performs surveys and does comparative analyses of work units; may participate in research activities and investigates new products, equipment, techniques, methodologies, and introduces, demonstrates, effects, and recommends as is appropriate.
– Enters or retrieves data from established computer files.
– Identifies safety concerns, instrument issues and other opportunities for process improvement, collaborating with others in problem-solving
– Prior lab experience and knowledge (completion of student clinical rotations)
– ASCP certification (eligible/willing to obtain accepted)
– BS degree required
Click apply or email your resume to / call or text ! You can also schedule a time to chat here –.