D.R. Horton, Inc.
D.R. Horton, Inc., the largest homebuilder in the U.S., was founded in 1978 and is a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange. It is engaged in the construction and sale of high quality homes designed principally for the entry-level and first time move-up markets. The Company also provides mortgage financing and title services for homebuyers through its mortgage and title subsidiaries. Please visit our website at for more information.
D.R. Horton, Inc. is currently looking for a Permit Coordinator in the Main Office Department. The right candidate will be responsible for preparing and submitting permit applications to municipalities, public works departments and timely pick-up and distribution of permits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Establish network to cities, counties, municipalities and public works departments
* Complete building permit applications based on construction schedule
* Prepare, deliver and pick up additional permit applications for utilities or other services
* Coordinate and secure the payment method to accompany additional permit applications
* Deliver building permit applications to responsible municipality department and pick up when ready
* Prepare and check building plan packages for submittal
* Deliver permits to applicable project superintendent
* Support the department with administrative duties
* Ability to work overtime
* Regular and reliable attendance
* Facilitate communication with architects when needed
* Conducts all business in a professional and ethical manner to serve customers and increase the goodwill and profit of the company
Education and/or Experience
* High school diploma or General Education degree (GED)
* Must have a vehicle, a valid driver’s license
* Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written and oral form or via DRH applications
* Proficiency with MS Office and email
* Ability to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
* One to two years related experience in the building industry
* Strong communication skills
* Ability to multi-task and attention to detail
Come join a winning team with a Fortune 500 company! We are growing fast and are looking for enthusiastic attitudes and team players to join our success. We offer an excellent benefits package including:
* Medical, Vision and Dental
* Employee Stock Purchase Plan
* Flex Spending Accounts
* Life Insurance
* Vacation, Sick, Personal Time and Company Holidays
Build YOUR future with D.R. Horton, America’s Builder. #WeBuildPeople2
Follow us on social for an inside look at our company and connect with us on LinkedIn for up to date job listings!
LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram