Angola, New York
Animal Supply Company
Order Selector FULL-TIME $13/hr The Order Selector safely, accurately, and productively picks, stacks and stages orders to meet daily deadlines and ensure that we consistently deliver success to our customers.
– To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
– Arrive on time, take scheduled breaks and lunch and complete daily work assignments.
– Pick in all zones as directed, including all transfers/shuttles.
– Use assigned tools and equipment safely and as instructed.
– Ensure all pallets are presentable to customers and meet company standards: pallet width variance, height, repack case weight, all items on pallet are properly stacked and secured for safe transport.
– Check and verify tote IDs before staging
– Ensure all orders picked are properly staged for transport.
– Perform aisle cleaning and clean as you go while picking.
– Responsible for meeting or exceeding accuracy expectations and minimum lines required per zone as directed by Operations management.
– Promote a safe work environment at all times by modeling desired behaviors for self and others.
– Bring any concerns or issues promptly to shift supervisor or other members of Operations management.
– Meet or exceed all company safety and performance expectations, follow all handbook and operations policies and procedures.
– This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list; other duties may be required. These duties and responsibilities are subject to change at any time.
– Ability to complete daily workload as instructed in a high volume, deadline-driven environment
– Adequate knowledge of items that are in stock and to be shipped
– Ability to read packs, order labels, other information and match to visible items and other data.
– Ability to perform computer lookup/inquiries to determine product location and/or description
– Self-motivated, well-organized, able to communicate on a professional level
– Positive attitude, team focus successful working both independently and cooperatively with peers
– Knowledge and practice of safe lifting techniques
Warehouse environment with variable temperatures/outdoor weather conditions, exposure to noise and vibrations from forklifts/other equipment, will work near moving mechanical parts, such as lifts
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
– Walking and standing for most of the shift.
– Some stooping, kneeling and crouching, lifting.
– Reaching and carrying with hands and arms.
Lifting and carrying 60 pounds most of the shift, occasionally heavier.
– Hand stacks 30,000 pounds per day.
– Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate warehouse tools and equipment.
– Able to hear and speak into telephone.
– Close visual work on computer terminal.
Shift start: 6:00AM or 8:00AM or 5:00PM
Shift length: 9 hours
1st, 2nd, and 3rd shift
Previous warehouse/distribution experience, preferredElectric Pallet Jack experience, preferred
About Animal Supply Company
We are the nation s leading distributor of wholesale pet products. We discover the most innovative, healthful products and ship across the US.
Associated topics: handler, intern, loader, logistics operation, material handler, pallet, picker, supply chain, warehouse, warehouse technician
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.