At The Standard, you’ll join a team focused on putting our customers first.
Our continued success is driven by a high-performance culture. We’re looking for people who are collaborative, accountable, creative, agile and are driven by a passion for doing what’s right – across the company and in our local communities.
We offer a caring culture where you can make a real difference, every day.
Ready to reach your highest potential? Let’s work together.
What You’ll Do:
As a Mortgage Loan Servicing Specialist, you will perform complex mortgage loan servicing and administration functions which support our investor clients and borrower requirements. You will also assist and support routine servicing functions.
* Maintain compliance of assigned loan portfolio within the terms of the loan documents including insurance coverage, payment of property taxes, UCCs, and timeliness of loan payments. Aggressively pursue collection of late payments, payment of delinquent property taxes, and evidence of required insurance coverage utilizing correspondent network. Take prompt action on all loss claim issues per established procedures. Make recommendations to management for further action on loans that continue to be out of compliance. Report results to management and investors. Maintain loan file documentation.
* Perform mortgage loan portfolio analysis including; review of annual operating statements and rent rolls, valuation of collateral, and evaluation of financial statements. Maintain accurate and up-to-date system data pertaining to debt coverage ratios (DCR) and loan to value (LTV) measurements. Provide direction to correspondent network to ensure compliance with annual property inspection requirements. Monitor physical condition of loan collateral through property inspection reports. Report results to management and investors. Maintain loan file documentation.
* Develop and maintain working relationship with assigned correspondents monitoring compliance to servicing agreement terms. Ensure timely remittance and recording of correspondent collected payments. Monitor Agent Trial Balances, analyzing differences and making appropriate corrections. Work with correspondents to develop and deliver appropriate customer service solutions in response to inquiries from borrowers, management, rating agencies, auditors, and investors.
* Perform analysis of requests for transfer, assumption and/or modification, recommend appropriate action to management, and communicate in writing to borrower or correspondent servicer. Support new loan setup process making appropriate corrections. Analyze loan modifications and make changes to loan files and servicing system. Maintain loan file documentation.
* Validate accuracy of the mortgage loan servicing system data. Support preparation of accurate and timely payoff quotes and loan status statements upon request. Ensure accurate and timely processing of payoff transactions, reconveyances, and escrow analysis. Respond to inquiries from borrowers, management, rating agencies, auditors, and investors.
The Skills and Background You’ll Need:
* Education: Degree in accounting or finance or related field preferred
* Experience: One to two years relevant work experience in a dynamic office environment, or the equivalent combination of education and/or relevant experience.
Standard Insurance Company, The Standard Life Insurance Company of New York, Standard Retirement Services, Inc., StanCorp Equities, Inc. and StanCorp Investment Advisers, Inc., marketed as The Standard, are Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status or any other condition protected by federal, state or local law. The Standard offers a drug and alcohol free work environment where possession, manufacture, transfer, offer, use of or being impaired by an illegal substance while on Standard property, or in other cases which the company believes might affect operations, safety or reputation of the company is prohibited. The Standard requires a criminal background investigation, drug test, employment, education and licensing verification as a condition of employment. All employees of The Standard must be bondable.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.