Syracuse, New York
Ref ID: 02813328
Classification: Medical Receptionist
Compensation: $14.00 to $15.00 hourly
Apply today for this Medical Receptionist role in the North Syracuse, New York area. This is a long-term temporary-to-full-time opportunity with a company in the Healthcare, Hospitals, Social Assistance field. As the Medical Receptionist, you will be providing customer service over the phone and in-person, acting as the director of first impressions. This Medical Receptionist position requires a self-starter who finds value working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment while providing support and solutions to patients, healthcare professionals, insurance providers, etc. Submit an application now and learn more about this role!
– Making appointments, collecting co-pays, and providing receipt of money in accordance with established procedures
– Responsible for insurance verifications with health insurance organizations
– Admitting patients and visitors, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries
– Highly-responsive to telephone calls in a detail-oriented and effective manner within minimum rings
– Acting as a liaison with patients and providers in a compassionate and kind manner
– Organizing various files and providing general office duties, e.g. faxing, data entry, scanning, etc.
– Supporting patients with client forms
– Contributing to the management of patient medical records
– Ensuring the waiting and reception areas are kept neat and clean; reporting on any damage
– Data entry experience required
– Answering Multi-Line Phone System experience
– Proficiency with multi-line phone systems required
– 1+ year of experience as a Medical Receptionist
– Knowledge of medical terminology
– High School Diploma required, A.S. Degree in healthcare/related field preferred
– You will be a top applicant if you have experience with insurance billing and an electronic medical record system, as well as social media platforms
– Excellent telephone etiquette and keyboard skills
– Ability to multitask, collaborate and communicate well with individuals of all backgrounds in a fast-paced environment
OfficeTeam, a Robert Half Company, matches professionals in the administrative field with remote or on-site jobs on a temporary and temporary-to-full-time basis. Whether you’re a seasoned administrative pro or starting your career, we have options for you.
Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes’ inaugural list of America’s Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit for more information.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.