Bridgewater, New Jersey
Job Title: Media Relations Officer
* Sanofi, a global healthcare leader, discovers, develops and distributes therapeutic solutions focused on patients’ needs.
* Sanofi has core strengths in the field of healthcare and is structured in four Global Business Units: Sanofi Genzyme Specialty Care, General Medicines & Emerging Markets, Sanofi Pasteur (human vaccines) and Consumer Healthcare (CHC).
* Key global divisions that support Sanofi’s businesses include Research & Development, Industrial Affairs, Strategy & Development, Human Resources, Legal and Corporate Affairs.
* Sanofi is listed in Paris (EURONEXT: SAN) and in New York (NYSE: SNY).
* The manager is a member of the Global Media Relations (GMR) team with coordination of company news (proactive and reactive) and corporate announcements with global and corporate implications to protect and enhance the company’s image while supporting the brand’s business objectives and strategies.
* Overall responsibilities: 1) Supports the GMR leaders to develop media strategies to support Sanofi and GBU business priorities, 2) facilitates media requests 3) ensures dissemination of important media coverage to relevant business units 4) execution of key activities such as press release dissemination, media monitoring, event management and various other activities to support the team.
* Flexibility for position to be based in either Bridgewater, NJ or Cambridge, MA
Job Duties and Responsibilities
* Manager will be responsible for supporting a specific portfolio of activities which could include one or more of Sanofi’s global business units and/or divisions described above.
* Education: Generalist higher education (IEP, ESC, Celsa) or specialized communications / journalism (IFP, EFAP).
* Bachelor’s degree required, masters or higher degree beneficial.
* Years of experience: minimum 5 to 7 years, in a communication agency, PR agency, or “in-house” corporate communication Languages: English proficiency mandatory.
* Additional languages beneficial.
* Expertise in media relations is a mandatory: An excellent writer.
* Experience working with global / media / journalists (and the ability to understand their function, issues, methods, expectations, etc.)
* Ability to work independently and to deal with complex issues in an environment that requires resilience, responsiveness and flexibility.
* Experience in management of reputation / notoriety.
* Software: knowledge in using Microsoft SharePoint
* At Sanofi, diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers.
* We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.