New York, New York
Club Quarters Midtown Hotel
Position: Manager of Membership & Sales
Reports to: Head of Sales/Director of Membership, New York US
Location: CQ Hotel in New York City (but can sell any CQ hotel, with priority for NYC)
Position Description: The Membership Account Manager
position will have a primary focus on developing and facilitating group and transient business accounts in the New York City market, as well as identifying outbound opportunities for all other Club Quarters Hotels. The purpose of this role is to plan, solicit, and exceed sales revenue goals, and expand relationships and networks to ensure that all sales and revenue opportunities are realized.
This position requires excellent business development and selling skills, strong communication skills, and an understanding of selling for multiple hotels. The Membership & Account Manager will work in tandem with the Head of Sales/Director of Membership, New York City Region to increase the hotels share within the New York City market, and the development of member accounts that will drive revenue to all CQ hotels.
Essential Job Function:
• Be responsible for and implement a member sales action plan for the New York City market which includes prospecting calls, outside sales calls, performing site tours, related sales trips, trade show planning, and client entertainment.
• Reaches out to travel agencies, not for profit organizations and companies that might require a hotel for individual travel, group room blocks, or events.
• Devises new ways to expand CQ’s client base in this market.
• Develops new business through lead generation & qualification, including sales calls, and possibly industry events, and tradeshows and through heavy prospecting utilizing tools such as Cvent and ZoomInfo for leads.
• Generates repeat business by establishing/maintaining close relationships with current members and accounts to ensure regular and productive touchpoints.
• Timely & detailed follow up to proposals and contracts to close & convert on opportunities.
• Negotiates and executes group contracts that meet or exceed hotel revenue goals.
• Manages and services room blocks, deposits, and billing for all contracted groups.
• Effectively utilizes a CRM (Salesforce) to record activity, updates information, manages events, solicits & shares feedback, and fosters relationships.
• Adheres to the CQ’s member and sales guidelines.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Possess a strong understanding of the New York City market.
• Solicits, books, manages and services group opportunities from new and existing members & accounts.
• Increases year over year transient and group bookings with focus on uncovering new business for other CQ hotels.
• Be an ambitious, action-oriented member of the sales team and execute all agreed-upon action steps.
• Participates & demonstrates initiative in on-going processes improvement.
• Complies with company sales reporting, office, and system standards.
• Works with the Hotel(s) to ensure clear communication of expectations and goals.
• Negotiates and completes transient RFP’s and group agreements.
• Acts as a resource for all on-property hotel staff, Provides feedback to leadership on changing market conditions, including trends in competition.
Qualifications for this position:
• At least 5 years of progressive hotel sales experience; and a 4-year college
• Previously held a Total Account Manager or has worked both the Group or Transient segments at some time.
• Must be detail-oriented, have the ability to communicate well with all levels within and outside the organization, and be able to problem-solve with employees and guests.
• Able to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
• Phone & direct sales experience; lead discovery, qualifying prospects, and closure proficiency are essential.
• Ability to work independently and is a self-starter.
• Effective analytical & problem-solving skills. Ability to make decisions and/or mediate regarding account challenges or concerns.
• Polished personal presentation with warm, confident, and hospitable personality.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
• Knowledge of Salesforce CRM is desired.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
CQ Hotels is a privately-held company based in Stamford CT. We manage a portfolio of full-service hotels located in world-class cities in the U.S. and London. Designed for business and urban travelers, we offer accommodations, amenities, and services needed to make a guest member’s stay to be a productive, memorable, and distinctive experience. Through membership, we provide organizations even further value with low, fixed rates on hotel stays throughout the year. We are a growing global company with an entrepreneurial, trend-starting culture that builds and operates business hotels in city- center locations throughout the US and overseas. In business for over 20 years, the company is a major success and the concept continues its expansion in gateway cities around the world. Visit .