New York Mills, Minnesota
PeopleReady Perham 3430
We are currently hiring for a Maintenance Technician in New York Mills, MN.
The Maintenance Technician will perform preventive, routine, and troubleshooting maintenance in a large manufacturing facility. Maintenance tasks performed are in a variety of skilled trade areas (fabrication, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, HVAC, tool and die repair, etc.).
Roles and Responsibilities:
* Apply high energy, self motivation and initiative to learn and be trained on various types of equipment and maintenance techniques, to include resin and spray equipment, HVAC, plumbing, PLCs, VFDs, etc.
* Requires high foot travel and working throughout the facility. Lifting overhead within prescribed safety limitations. Working at heights: ladders, rooftops, booms and lifts, work platforms, etc. Working outside in all possible weather conditions. Overall good physical condition and agility.
Required and Preferred Qualifications:
* Two year technical degree or equivalent
* A minimum of 3-5 years facility maintenance experience preferred.
* Documented work experience in: CNC programming and diagnostics; HVAC; electrical and maintenance experience.
* Strong mechanical and electrical background and experience, with experience in electrical motor controls and ladder logic programming.
* Experience reading blueprints and schematics and building to specifications.
* Ability to fabricate and order materials for open work orders and jobs.
* Requires one to three years of substantive experience in one or more of the skilled trades areas (mechanical, electrical, fabrication) and high school diploma/GED.
* Will be required to be certified in fork lift and high lift (genie boom) operations and operate other equipment such as yard tractor, EPJ, articulating lift, pick-up.
* Requires ability to use a wide variety of hand tools, powered and manual.
* Ability to read measurement devices, including OHM/voltage meters, measuring tapes, calipers, various equipment gauges as required.