Rensselaer, New York
Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
We are currently looking to fill a Lead Process Technician with a Wednesday-Saturday 6:00AM-4:30PM schedule. Regeneron successfully manufactures a range of biopharmaceuticals for patients worldwide, including our approved therapeutic proteins and those involved in clinical studies. Our Lead Process Technician provide operational, maintenance and troubleshooting support for manufacturing process area maintenance through strict adherence to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and cGMP’s.
As a Lead Process Technician, a typical day might include the following:
• Performing daily operations, maintenance and repairs on utility systems, manufacturing equipment and building systems in a cGMP environment with minimal direction
• Ensuring safe and efficient hands-on maintenance of all plant manufacturing equipment and related support equipment
• Identifying any off-nominal conditions with mechanical equipment and mechanical troubleshooting of manufacturing/utility equipment in a clean room environment
• Performing daily Work Orders and PMs and efficiently coordinating the workflow and documentation of PMs and WOs
• Troubleshooting the electrical equipment during off-nominal conditions; locating the source of trouble and making/arranging for all vital repairs
• Communicating and coordinating with each department and within Facilities Management when planned and unplanned work events occur
• Interpreting P&IDs, equipment/system layouts, wiring diagrams and specifications in planning and performing maintenance and repairs
• Planning and scheduling outside contractors/vendors to perform scheduled and/or non-scheduled Preventative Maintenance or general work
• Providing on-the-floor leadership to employees including; ensuring employees timesheets are completed on time, participating with employees training, to ensure that all requirement are met; performing minimally monthly performance feedback meetings with direct reports, and raising all performance issues to Manager and/or Directors and/or HR.
This role might be for you if you:
• Have basic working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and overall comfort and general familiarity with computer systems
• Demonstrate basic problem solving skills
• Learn and follow routine procedures independently as well as part of a team
• Comfortable and flexible to work in a changing environment
• Able to lift, push, and/or pull at least 50lbs
• Build and maintain positive working relationships with the business
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Effective time management skills to allow deadlines to be met in a timely manner
• Follow safety rules and ensure compliance with NY state and federal EPA regulation and law; specifically responsible system repairs, upkeep, maintenance and operations managed within regulating agencies such as OSHA
• Ensure a safe work environment is maintained through adherence to safety guidelines and policies
• Full gowning required when entering and working on production floor
• Participate in rotational On-Call Schedule
To be considered for the Lead Process Technician you must be willing and able to work Wednesday-Saturday 6:00AM-4:30PM. You must have the following; AAS degree, preferably in an Engineering or Construction Technologies related discipline, with 2 years of relevant experience or HSD/GED with 4 years of relevant experience. Prior experience in the maintenance and operation of large scale utilities plant preferred. Level is determined based on qualifications relevant to the role.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.