New York City (Manhattan), New York
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities – we’re just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a talented and flexible Lead Counsel to support its growing efforts in the payments space. You will be advising the product and other cross-functional partners on payments related initiatives and should be knowledgeable about product, privacy, and regulatory frameworks relevant to payments and financial services systems. You will also work with Facebook’s international teams and will advise on relevant global issues in consultation with local counsels.
* Counsel product and broad cross-functional teams on a wide range of legal issues (payments, money transmission, financial services, consumer protection, privacy and other relevant laws) regarding existing and planned products.
* Manage local outside counsel to secure and provide advice regarding the launch of payments products and features across various geographies.
* Identify and advise risks arising from payments and privacy regulatory regimes and provide practical solutions to address risk identified and business needs.
* Collaborate with subject matter experts within the legal team to ensure comprehensive and consistent legal risk mitigation strategies.
* J.D. degree and membership in at least one state bar.
* 5+ years of experience, including in-house experience with payments and privacy laws in the context of internet or technology companies and/or relevant work at a law firm.
* Experience in advising business teams on issues involving payment products.
* Knowledge in legal judgment and strategic thinking, along with experience working independently and cross-functionally.
* Experience in advising payments products in an international scope.
* Experience in working in a fast paced environment and navigating a large organization.
* Experience managing people and/or a team.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at .
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.