Tarrytown, New York
Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
The IT Security Governance, Risk and Compliance team is seeking an IT Privacy Analyst who will be responsible for the implementation, promotion, and continued compliance of the Regeneron Data Privacy Program. We utilize Data Privacy Office (DPO) managed policies, procedures, tools and templates. We monitor, report, advise, and set actions to ensure that Regeneron IT is fully aligned with Regeneron’s policies relating to Privacy. You will act as a domain expert for any change program and business transformation with the IT technology team ensuring privacy is included by design. You will need to be able to communicate and operate at senior management level, working closely with Data Privacy, Legal, Compliance, and Information Security. We embed and strengthen privacy controls, working with Risk teams to develop effective monitoring and testing of these controls within established risk frameworks and implementation of any residual post-GDPR actions. We have end to end responsibility for all aspects of privacy and the operating model including: definition, execution, establishing and reporting on Key Process Indicators or Key Risk Indicators.
In this role, a typical day might include the following:
• Attend and actively participate in Privacy Council Meetings (monthly cadence).
• Advance key and high-risk issues to the DPO.
• Partner with the DPO in annual privacy assessments by ensuring input of all required responses.
• Liaise with project owners to ensure the continued identification of new and updated processes and systems, submit Privacy Impact Assessments (PIAs), and ensure mitigations are actioned by the project owner.
• Provide data privacy performance metrics to department leadership.
• Attend privacy training sessions provided by DPO and train-the-trainer sessions.
• Upon becoming aware of any privacy incident or privacy-related security event immediately notify the DPO.
• Have supervisory responsibilities to be determined based on experience and qualifications.
This job might be for you if:
• You have an eye for detail and pride yourself on the quality of your work. Operational perfection matters more than just finishing the tasks.
• With your sleeves rolled up, you work on current problems while thinking of future solutions.
• You have a collaborative agile approach to drive creative and efficient use of technology and thrive in a team environment.
• You are hardworking, flexible, innovative and able to function effectively in a fast-paced environment.
• You are a self-starter and can work efficiently within a group and independently.
To be considered for the role, you must have BS/BA Degree with 15+ years of relevant experience or MS degree and 12+ years relevant experience. In-depth knowledge of Information Technology in Pharma industry. Expertise in data management and stewardship. Awareness of security, privacy, ethics and quality requirements for critical data entities. Experience with GDPR and Data Privacy frameworks. Experience defining and documenting metadata and ontologies. IAPP Certifications particularly CIPP/US and CIPP/E.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.