New York, New York
Underwriting Transformation Sr. Consultant
Deloitte Consulting’s Human Capital practice is a leading global advisor and implementation partner working with companies, governments, and organizations around the world. Our goal is to improve our clients’ organizational results and impact by focusing on challenges at the intersection of business and people.
Work you’ll do
As an Underwriting Transformation Sr. Consultant, you will provide technical, project management, business process redesign, analytical support, and strategic advisory services in a consulting environment to our Insurance industry sector clients. The job functions include the following:
• Provide management consulting advisory services to executives in the insurance industry across business functions such as underwriting, distribution, claims, IT, finance and accounting
• Lead project work streams and engagements including the management of staff practitioners and collaboration with client leaders and stakeholders
• Support clients’ most strategic business transformation projects including: issue analysis and business case development, process redesign, technical and functional requirements design assistance, and operational improvement
• Lead project management of complex projects consisting of diverse practitioners across the consulting function
• Coordinate with tax, accounting, regulatory, and other professionals in delivering comprehensive solutions for clients
• Lead practice management opportunities (e.g. people management, service offering development, thought leadership, etc.) with the collaborative support of the team for the Underwriting Transformation practice
The Organization Transformation practice is about transforming the organization (and the benefits providers that serve them) to support its business strategy. This involves helping our clients move from where they are today to where they need to be in the future. It could include changing the organization’s culture, modernizing specific functions, re-designing the organization structure, and will require a combination of change management actions to execute the transformation. To enable our success, it will be critical to use data and insights to inform better ways of working together.
The Insurance Operations practice is about transforming insurance organizations and their functions to better execute on business strategies and improve business performance and competitiveness of the organization. This involves helping our clients move from where they are today to where they need to be in the future across key insurance functions, including product management, marketing and distribution, underwriting, claims, service operations, and insurance technology and analytics functions. Insurance operations practitioners couple deep knowledge of insurance functions and processes with core consulting principles, frameworks, and solutions to support clients with their most strategic “heart of the business” challenges.
The team collaborates with practitioners across Deloitte’s different service offerings to deliver advice to formulate business strategy and strategic plans to leading insurance organizations and to implement solutions to execute on those plans and aid our clients in navigating complex engagements and organizational change.
Engagements span Deloitte consulting’s offerings and could include developing underwriting, distribution, and claims transformation plans, modernizing specific business and enterprise functions, re-designing operating models and organizational structures, implementing digital experience and advanced analytics solutions, and integrating functions across multiple organizations. Our engagements require a combination of insurance industry knowledge, technical skill, and change management actions to instill confidence with our clients and execute the transformation. To enable our success, it will be critical to use data, insights, and new methods and technologies to inform better ways of working together.
• Bachelor’s Degree (BS or BA)
• 4 years of experience in underwriting strategy, technology, and/or operational / consulting roles at insurance / reinsurance companies or 4 years in a leading consulting or services organization focused on underwriting strategy, technology and/or operations
• Minimum two (2) years of experience leading and mentoring project teams on relevant engagements
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
• Travel at least 50%. (While 50% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
• Master of Business Administration
• Background in property and casualty insurance (personal and/or commercial) and/or life insurance
• Insurance industry designation (e.g., CPCU, CLU, ARM, AINS, AIS, AIC)
• Experience in developing strategy, business cases, operating models and/or helping manage large transformation efforts to enable cost savings (in functions such as underwriting, distribution, claims, IT), build new capabilities and driving growth as part of the CXO agenda
• Experience in managing and/or delivering both operational and IT projects
• Experience in emerging technologies such as RPA or Machine Learning
• Project experience in business process improvement and re-engineering, new technology/systems deployments, strategy and planning
• Quantitative ability to gather, organize, and analyze data, and present methods and findings to team members and client stakeholders
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products with a focus on PowerPoint and Excel
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Ability to effectively work in a team environment and as an individual
• Ability to coordinate a group of stakeholders to achieve project goals
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals. – provided by Dice
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.