New York City (Manhattan), New York
Cameron Craig Group
(NEW YORK) Client is a well-known, P&C Insurer/Reinsurer with a global footprint in Switzerland, Bermuda, UK and the United States. Client is profitable, has a strong combined ratio and continues to expand its global footprint. The team is made up of strong players from the insurance space who like to mentor and who value associates who like visible roles and who are keen to work in a mid sized environment.
Reporting to the Vice President of Accounting, the Client is looking for a Financial Reporting Manager with a focus on IFRS 17. Some highlights, below. IFRS 17 experience ideal, but a Financial Reporting Manager with P&C Insurance Accounting experience and a CPA will be considered.
You will be a member of the financial reporting team working in a multi-national group environment. The team works closely with the parent company and international operating subsidiaries alike and will play a significant role in the implementation IFRS 17. The team also supports due diligence initiatives across the company.
* Ensuring the successful implementation of the new IFRS 17, for local entities with reporting requirements
* Acting as a business partner to certain international (re)insurance operations
* Accounting research and analysis of new transactions or business initiatives, including the preparation of IFRS technical accounting papers.
* Assist in the preparation of quarterly and annual financial statements and notes for group and standalone applicable entities post IFRS 17 implementation.
* Assist with establishing US GAAP to IFRS reconciliations, control procedures and an effective close process for across all entities post IFRS 17 implementation.
* Lead the build out of IFRS 17 internal reporting and analysis.
* Provide IFRS 17 training to Finance staff, as needed.