Location: Westfield, MA
Salary Interval: Full Time
Date Posted: 03/29/2023
Family by Choice
Peckham Industries Inc. (PII) has been a family-run business since 1924 and we believe our “family by choice” philosophy delivers value as the trusted supplier of construction materials, products, and services in the communities we serve. Through our extensive network of hot mix asphalt and ready-mix concrete plants, quarries, and liquid asphalt terminals, PII delivers the highest quality materials and custom solutions to thousands of road construction and road maintenance customers. In addition, the company’s construction operations include paving and road reclamation services, as well as precast/pre-stressed concrete production and erection of multi-level parking structures, specialty buildings, and bridge components.
Become part of our mission by realizing your purpose, serving our community interests, and delivering growth for our customers. Peckham Industries educates, innovates, and applies technology in a way that is safe, sustainable, inclusive, and profitable.
Peckham’s Graduate Leadership Development Program is a two-year curriculum designed to rotate every 6-8 months in each major functional track of Construction or Materials Management. Our program, designed to foster future leaders, will allow you to develop your decision-making, communication, and technical skills, with the help of personal mentors and hands on learning. From day one, you will be placed preferably in the role of your interest.
1. Protect Family and Friends through employee engagement, prioritizing zero incidents, and complying with all company and federal safety policies and procedures. The role is obligated to be proactive and take necessary corrective actions to resolve safety related issues and to ensure a safe workplace. It is essential to maintain a safety culture that fosters openness, innovation, idea sharing, and actions to improve.
2. Understanding the Business- We are committed to serve. Our mission is to provide superior construction materials, products, and services and to exceed expectations for honesty, quality and on-time delivery using teamwork and drive.
3. Teamwork. Collaborate and engage with your team to provide added value with quality, service, production, and scheduling.
4. Project Management- Understand and improve upon the development of an efficient workflow to use when accomplishing a variety of assignments.
5. Transparency and Learning. Leadership skills must include an eagerness to learn from colleagues, development of mastery within the team while acting with humility. Provide learning opportunities, resources and processes to ensure reliable, quality driven plant operations.
Requirements, Education and Experience:
1. At minimum an Associates degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or applicable field; Bachelors degree preferred
2. Excellent listening skills and ability to communicate effectively
3. Well organized and efficient in time management
4. Proficient user of Microsoft products, e.g., Excel, Outlook, Teams, and Word
5. Professional verbal and written communication skills
6. Well organized with problem solving and adaptability skills
7. High degree of accuracy, thoroughness, and attention to details
8. Legal right to work in the U. S.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Position may require up to 50% travel by personal vehicle to offices throughout the state of New York, and New England based on the needs of the business.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
Medium Work: May be required to exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up-to 10 pounds of force frequently, and or a negligible amount of force constant to move objects. Job involves sitting, standing, walking, climbing, reaching, and bending for brief periods of time in all types of weather. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, to communicate to employees/visitors. This position is also occasionally set in a professional work environment.
At Peckham, you will experience our values wherever you work: corporate offices, plants, quarries, or paving operations. We share a common set of values – safety, integrity, dedication, and efficiency which are embedded in how we show up every day. Ours is a culture where we protect family and friends, our word is our bond, we are committed to serve and results matter. Our values are the foundation of our growth, and we believe will pave the way for future success.
Peckham Industries, Inc. (PII) is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer. It is our policy to provide EEO to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, if you have a disability and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Peckham, please contact .