Bear Mountain, New York
Guest Services, Inc.
GREAT PEOPLE | GREAT BENEFITS | JOIN OUR ALL-STAR TEAM!
Front Desk Agent
Bear Mountain Inn, managed by Guest Services, is now hiring full time Front Desk Agents. Candidates must have previous customer service experience and be able to stand for a full shift.
Guest Services, Inc. offers competitive pay and amazing benefits such as medical, dental, vision, a 401K savings plan, paid time off, employee discounts at recreational and lodging facilities nationwide, and more! Apply today to join our All Star Team!
The Front Desk Agent must have the ability to perform all desk attendant functions including checking guests and vendors in and out, reservations, and switchboard. Must have strong customer services skills.
* Provide administrative, reception and program support to management and staff.
* Manage phone activity including providing general knowledge to callers.
* Manage walk-in traffic. Sign in customers as needed. Smile and greet customers in a welcoming manner.
* Register and assign rooms to guests.
* Provide quotes for room rates and up-sell the guest when possible.
* Assist in coordinating the Front Desk and the Housekeeping Department.
* Verify that the correct charges and credits are posted to the corresponding guest folio. Collect payment for charges on the guest folio.
* Ensure all cash and cash equivalents are accounted for and balanced at the beginning and end of each work shift.
* Responds to guest inquiries.
* Resolves guest complaints within scope of authority, otherwise refer the matter to the management.
* Maintain awareness of safety issues, and report them immediately to your manager.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
* High School Diploma preferred. Minimum of at least 16 years of age.
* Clerical skills including typing, filing, office machine operations, cash register operation, maintenance of records, and the ability to undertake multiple tasks simultaneously.
* Computer proficiency.
* Demonstrated talent for interacting with a wide variety of people; ability to effectively organize and coordinate multiple priorities; ability to learn and develop new skills; ability to problem solve.
* Ability to arrange and coordinate schedules for reservations.
* Excellent interpersonal, administrative, telephone and other communications skills.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
* Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
* Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 25 lbs. regularly, 30-35 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
* Ability to stand for the entire work day and to climb steps regularly.
* Ability to sit at a desk and monitor phones for extended amounts of time.
* Ability to withstand temperatures in indoor and outdoor environments.
* Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
* Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
* Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees in a fast-paced environment.
* Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties.
* Typical office equipment (computers, phone system, fax, copiers, scanners, among others).
* Reservations system. POS system.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.