New York, New York
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Audio, FOX News Books, the direct-to-consumer digital streaming services FOX Nation and FOX News International and the recently announced AVOD platform FOX Weather. Currently the number one network in all of cable, FNC has also been the most watched television news channel for 19 consecutive years, while FBN currently ranks among the top business channels on cable. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX is looking for a Freelance Production Assistant who’s a whiz at hunting down great videos. The ideal candidate is a proactive, passionate individual familiar with programming across all the major networks, viral videos past and present, and is super knowledgeable about pop culture.
As the Production Assistant, your responsibilities will include searching for video clips to accompany the monologue, pitching and producing segments, and assisting with field shoots. Familiarity with the current show is critical. As the Production Assistant, you are a team player that can hit the ground running while working with a diverse editorial staff, guests, and technical team.
SNAPSHOT OF RESPONSIBILITIES
– Managing rights and clearances
– Assist with field shoots
– Search for clips and work with editors to cut VO, SOTs, and montages for air
– Pitch guest segment and daily story ideas.
– Working with editors to turn the raw footage into a completed, polished program
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
– Bachelor’s Degree with minimum
– Two years’ related experience
– Non-linear editing skills are a must
– Good editorial judgment as well as strong logistical skills
– Experience in broadcast or cable news a plus
– Ability to multitask and prioritize is a necessity as well as being detail oriented
– Ability to react quickly and decisively under deadline pressure
– Ability to think creatively and develop new and interesting approaches to storytelling
– Flexibility to work long hours, including nights and weekends
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company’s success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.