Patchogue, New York
Flexographic Press Assistant FULL-TIME $16/hr Duties include:
– Ensuring paper or raw material is loaded into press to supply a constant flow of materials while the equipment is running.
– Delivering equipment components for installation.
– Recycling old/discarded plates.
– Providing basic assistance to Press Operator as needed to make-ready the equipment for operation.
– Assisting with retrieving plates, mounting/un-mounting plates and/or cylinders and other tasks associated with make-ready of the press.
– Reading work orders to determine setup specifications and instructions.
– Observing and monitoring machine operations to detect malfunctions and notify Press Operator when malfunctions occur.
– Assuring the image is registered from unit to unit and run samples to make adjustments to assure print quality and color settings are in accordance with densitometer readings under the direction of the Press Operator.
– Assisting in the press wash up and cleaning process.
– Follow all standard operating procedures relevant to the job, position and department.
– Performing routine adjustments during the press run and maintain quality throughout the run.
– Performing all assigned work effectively and on schedule.
– Accurately follow instructions.
– Maintain and record daily production, using specified forms.
– Recording and amending production information in SFDC such as amount of time spent on specific tasks.
– Keeping work area neat and clean.
– Opening machines and remove/replace damaged product using hand tools under direction of the Press Operator.
– Ensuring efficient operation of presses and related equipment, performing preventive maintenance requirements according to operations manuals, manufacturer’s instructions and established preventive maintenance schedules.
– Understanding and respecting responsibilities of working in an SOP and cGMP environment.
– Maintaining safe and clean working environment by complying with company safety rules, procedures and regulations.
– Ability to learn Flexographic Press Operator essential job functions and provide coverage as staffing needs dictate.
– Effectively communicate with management staff.
REM-03 WS-03 WS-LC
Shift start: 11:00PM
Shift length: 8 hours
WestRock Company manufactures and sells paper and packaging solutions for the consumer and corrugated markets in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. The company operates through three segments: Corrugated Packaging, Consumer Packaging, and Land and Development. The Corrugated Packaging segment produces containerboards, corrugated sheets, corrugated packaging, and preprinted linerboards for consumer and industrial products manufacturers, and corrugated box manufacturers.
Associated topics: flexo, flexographic, flexographic press, flexographic print, pressman, press operator, screen press, screen printer, silk, t shirt
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.