New York, New York
Metroplus Health Plan
About NYC Health + Hospitals
MetroPlus Health Plan provides the highest quality healthcare services to residents of Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens and Staten Island through a comprehensive list of products, including, but not limited to, New York State Medicaid Managed Care, Medicare, Child Health Plus, Exchange, Partnership in Care, MetroPlus Gold, Essential Plan, etc. As a wholly-owned subsidiary of NYC Health + Hospitals, the largest public health system in the United States, MetroPlus’ network includes over 27,000 primary care providers, specialists and participating clinics. For more than 30 years, MetroPlus has been committed to building strong relationships with its members and providers to enable New Yorkers to live their healthiest life.
Responsible for providing financial analysis and maintaining key databases in a SQL Server environment utilizing SQL Query. Perform health care financial data analysis and reporting in accordance to regulatory requirements. Also responsible for research, collection and analysis of the Plan’s utilization and other
health care data in an effort to coordinate data analysis which will enhance financial data.
* Develops data tables and participates in analyses of project requests in support of the Finance Department.
* Recommends programs, practices and standards to facilitate uniform application of electronic data.
* Prepare financial analyses on various aspects of the financial operations of the Plan including revenues, expenses, utilization, and membership.
* Supports the Department Analytical Staff
* Prepare schedules and worksheets for the Plan’s regulatory financial reporting requirements.
* Prepare quarterly review presentations
* Prepare projection analyses on claims and utilization, including underlying trends and risk analysis
* Creating detailed analysis outlining findings, opportunities, and solutions for the end user
* Gathering, interpreting, and using complex data to develop actionable items
* Research, analyze and report different trends
* Dashboard creation and maintenance
* Complex data mining
* Special projects and other related duties as assigned
* Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 5 years of experience Industry related (business, health care, consulting, insurance, government)
* Minimum 5 years of SQL query experience
* Minimum 5 years complex formula and data tabulation Excel experience
* MMCOR experience strongly preferred
* VBA experience strongly preferred
* Integrity and Trust
* Customer Focus
* Functional/Technical Skills
* Written/Oral Communications
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.