New York City (Manhattan), New York
NYU Langone Health
NYU LANGONE HEALTH [ is a world-class, patient-centered, integrated academic medical center, known for its excellence in clinical care, research, and education. It comprises more than 200 locations throughout the New York area, including five inpatient locations [ a children’s hospital [ three emergency rooms [ and a level 1 trauma center. Also part of NYU Langone Health is the Laura and Isaac Perlmutter Cancer Center [ a National Cancer Institute designated comprehensive cancer center, and NYU Grossman School of Medicine [ which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. _For more information, go to__nyulangone.org_ [ a__nd interact with us on__LinkedIn_ [ [ [ [ [ [ [
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as an FGP Analyst, based in Manhattan.
In this role, the successful candidate will provide high level analytical support to the VicePresident, Senior Directors, and Business Administrators of the Faculty Group Practice to assist inachieving financial and operational goals of the organization.
* OPERATIONS & BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT: Assist in performance of operational assessments of existing practices. Assist in the preparation of business plans for new practices and/or lines of business. Assist in the preparation of presentations on any of the above topics for departmental administrators, chairs, School and Hospital Administration, or the physicians within the FGP. Assist in the development and preparation of ad hoc reports on specific issues to help practice managers and physicians make decisions.
* MANAGED CARE:Attend meetings withpayers as required.Assist in theresolution of payerclaims issues.Evaluate payerreimbursement levelsto assist the BusinessAdministrator andNYU Managed Care tosecure enhancedrates.
* REIMBURSEMENTMANAGEMENT: Assistin the design ofreports and data filesto be requested of allbilling vendors. Workwith billing companiesto obtain data files forad hoc reports.Identify and resolveany inaccuracies inbilling reports. Underthe direction of theAdministrativePractice Manager,review billing reportsto identify and correctadverse trends.Attend monthlymeetings with billingstaff and physiciansas directed by theBusinessAdministrator.
* FINANCE: Reviewfinancial reports ofpractices (Billingreports, e-finance,daily deposit sheets).and analyze Profit &Loss Statements thataccurately display thecondition of thepractice. Preparemonthly Scorecardsand other reportingtools. Identify andcorrect errors in thepayroll andaccounting systems.Assist preparation ofFY Budgets. Prepareother analyticalreports to identifyopportunities forrevenueenhancement. Providesupport for otherprojects as needed.
* INTERPERSONAL: Atthe request of the FGPBusinessAdministrators,represent the FGP atdepartment meetingsand act as liaison withoutside agencies(billing companies,vendors, etc).Collaborate with otherFGP Analysts toenhance the overallsupport servicesprovided to thedepartment throughthe design anddevelopment of new tools.
* MISCELLANEOUS: Assist in troubleshooting institutional issues as they relate to the FGP. Keep up on Legislative and Industry changes that may effect the manner in which we conduct business.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
To qualify you must have a Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in finance, accounting, economics or other business or healthcare relatedmajor). Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word, or similar programs. Strong analytical and problemsolvingskills. Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to work independently, prioritizemultiple projects and meet deadlines.
_Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization._
NYU Langone Health provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you’ll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Health’s EEO policies, please click here [ Please click here [ to view the Federal “EEO is the law” poster or visit for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here [
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.