Brooklyn, New York
NYC Health & Hospitals
NYC Health + Hospitals/McKinney provides high quality short-term rehabilitation and long-term skilled nursing care in a comfortable person-centered setting. The McKinney Team commit themselves to the delivery of compassionate, comprehensive services in manner that promotes the dignity and respect of our residents. Each resident has a qualified and caring team of physicians, nurses, dieticians, and therapists dedicated to his/her physical, mental, and emotional well-being. It is our goal to provide all residents with the best possible experience during their stay with us.
Seeking an Executive Secretary to work in a Nursing Home located in Brooklyn, NY.
Purpose of Position: Under direction, with moderate latitude for initiative and exercise of judgment, performs confidential and difficult work involving dictation, transcription, preparation of correspondence, handling of telephone calls, arrangement of appointments, maintenance of files and office routines and procedures. Responsible to the Chief Nursing Officer at McKinney. May perform designated administrative assignments within prescribed limits related to the functions and authorities of the Chief Nursing Officer.
Examples of Typical Tasks:
1. Takes dictation of confidential and/or complex nature, (e.g. correspondence, detailed reports and technical matters).
2. Prepares agenda, assembles materials, makes necessary arrangements to record proceedings of meetings and conferences.
3. Makes confidential contracts and attends o other confidential matters.
4. Assists Executives, Officers and Administrators with preparation of records and data and maintains confidential files.
5. Prepares and edits correspondence and reports and may compose own correspondence for Executives and Officers.
6. Answers and screens telephone calls, receives callers and visitors, keeps schedules of appointments and makes reservations, staffing letters for department
7. Keeps the Executive informed of pending matters and appointments.
8. Prepares replies to correspondence and initiates action on matters other than those specifically requiring the attention of the CNO.
9. CNA Recertification and create spreadsheet and word art and design for any event for nursing.
1. a. High School Diploma or equivalent, and four years of clerical experience including two years as a stenographic secretary; or,
b. A Baccalaureate Degree from an accredited college or university and one year of experience as a stenographic secretary; or,
c. An Associate Degree with specialization in Secretarial Science and three years of clerical experience, one year of which shall have been as a stenographic secretary.
2. The ability to take dictation accurately, rapidly and to transcribe. Ability to exercise discretion and diplomacy in all internal and external contact relationships and to exercise initiative in the preparation of routine correspondence, in handling administrative details and to maintain confidentiality of all executive and Corporate matters.
3. High level verbal, written and secretarial skills and knowledge required; or,
4. A satisfactory combination of education, training and experience.
How To Apply
If you wish to apply for this position, please apply online by clicking the “Apply Now” button.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.