Rensselaer, New York
Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
We are currently looking to fill an Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Specialist with a Wednesday- Saturday 2:00PM – 12:30AM schedule. Regeneron successfully manufactures a range of biopharmaceuticals for patients worldwide, including our approved therapeutic proteins and those involved in clinical studies. Our EHS Specialists works collaboratively across various site teams to keep safety awareness a critical focus for all team members. We believe the ideal candidate will have proven experience in the support and continuous improvement of dynamic safety programs in a manufacturing environment. Comprehensive site and employee safety is paramount for our EHS team and we take the health and well-being of team members seriously.
As an EHS Specialist, a typical day might include the following:
• Participates in the implementation of various EHS programs and initiatives
• Participates in implementing environmental and safety management systems
• Interacts with regulatory agencies including OSHA, DEC, County and Town
• Implements emergency response programs
• Maintains and organizes spill response equipment
• Responsible for Spill Response Team, coordinating drills, training sessions and ensuring response equipment is available and operational.
• Conducts and documents inspections of bio hazardous and hazardous chemical waste collection process.
• Develops EHS training content for online, on the job training and class room training sessions and performs training as necessary.
• Participates with writing safety related policies and procedures as required.
• Performs ergonomic assessments, makes recommendations and determines trends and action plans.
• Performs Industrial Hygiene monitoring of laboratory and support personnel to interpret data and determine potential exposure to hazardous chemicals.
• Performs EHS audits of labs, support areas and offices, works with other parts of the organization to address any problems found.
• Works as liaison with contractors performing construction activities onsite.
• Writes clear and concise safety related communications, including e-mails, letters, policies and procedures as required.
• Completes accident reports, conducts accident investigations and investigates trends.
• Responds, as needed, to emergencies outside of normal working hours that may arise at Regeneron
This role may be for you if:
• You are open to responding to emergencies outside of normal working hours that may arise onsite
• You have the savvy for writing clear and concise EHS related communications, including e-mails, letters, policies and procedures
• You are comfortable tackling something new everyday – across a wide variety of responsibilities, such as catching bees, workstation redesign, etc.
To be considered for this role you must be willing and able to work Wednesday- Saturday 2:00PM – 12:30PM, hold a Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Health & Safety, Occupational Health or a related field and 2 years of EHS related experience for the Specialist level or 5 years of EHS related experience for the Senior Specialist level. Equivalent combination of education and experience will also be considered. We highly prefer background and experience in the Pharmaceutical or Biopharmaceutical industry. Level is determined based on qualifications relevant to the role. For our Environmental Health and Safety team, no task is too big or too small if it contributes to the health and safety of our employees!
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.