The Driver Recruiter will be responsible for the recruitment of qualified owner/operators and company drivers, and establish a pipeline for sufficient future driver demands. This individual will communicate with prospective drivers in order to recruit, select and hire qualified applicants. Must personify customer service and partnership by engaging all key stakeholders throughout the recruitment lifecycle in order to execute the most effective recruiting strategy and drive a flow of candidates for the selected regions.
As a company, we promote a culture of honesty and integrity, and value the trust it allows us to build with customers and employees alike. Our focus on our people is what sets us apart and keeps our customers coming back to work with us!
If you are seeking to be a part of a family, this is the place for you!
Performance Team, now part of the Maersk global organization under a combined Warehousing & Distribution division, offers third party logistics services to over 500 customers. Encompassing almost 15 million square feet of warehousing capacity throughout the country and a large transportation segment capturing a variety of services, PT has key supply chain hubs in the Los Angeles and New Jersey/New York areas, and other facilities along the Western & Eastern coasts along with multiple locations in the Midwest. Performance Team has delivered significant sales and profitability growth over the last 8 years and will drive the Inland Logistics and Services business for the combined US business units for Maersk.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
* Conduct day-to-day recruiting activities, follow recruiting processes and act as a resource on all points of the recruitment cycle.
* Creatively source and develop a pool of qualified driver applicants through the use of traditional and non-traditional techniques including social media channels, cold-calling/direct sourcing, networking, job fairs, employment agencies, internet searches, postings, etc.
* Actively visit and recruit at truck rest stops, fueling stations, maintenance shops, truck parts shops, eateries, or locations where drivers typically visit.
* Answer incoming calls, make outgoing calls and respond to leads.
* Communicate driver opportunities to prospective candidates.
* Maintain an accurate recruiting status log and provide daily status updates with respect to potential driver candidates.
* Determine driver qualifications by interviewing applicants, analyzing responses and comparing qualifications to job requirements.
* Work with Safety Department to ensure all required application files are obtained and submitted.
* Position is full-time and on-site.
We are looking for
* Minimum 2 years’ experience in sourcing, recruiting, interviewing and contracting Owner Operators and/or Company Drivers in a corporate environment.
* Bilingual Spanish.
* High School Diploma/GED-Bachelor’s degree preferred.
* Proven success in using creative sourcing techniques to produce diverse, quality, potential candidate pools.
* Strong engagement and partnership skills and the ability to both understand and deliver to the recruitment needs.
* Solid knowledge of State and Federal laws pertaining to recruitment.
* Understanding of DOT Rules and Regulations.
* Strong communication and organizational skills.
* Meets deadlines, makes decisions promptly and effectively communicates with others.
* Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
* Professional demeanor to represent our company candidates.
You must be authorized to work for any employer in the US.
Local candidates only; no relocation assistance is provided.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion and religious creed, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, physical and mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, military and veteran status, citizenship status, marital status, or any other basis protected by law.