New York, New York
YAI has an opening for a Diversity and Inclusion Officer to work at our headquarters in New York, NY. We are looking for a passionate and experienced individual, reporting to our Chief Executive Officer, to lead our Diversity and Inclusion initiatives. The Diversity and Inclusion Officer will lead the design and launch of diversity and inclusion strategy within the YAI Network and champion our diversity and inclusion mission through establishing supporting projects that meet these objectives.
As an equal opportunity employer, YAI is committed to enhancing diversity and promoting the inclusion of all people in our work by actively recruiting, training, mentoring and supporting talented individuals regardless of background. YAI further promotes diversity and inclusion through our affirmation of equality within all aspects of our operation, including purchasing, employment, and governance.
YAI is a network of agencies offering people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD) a comprehensive range of services across all ages. YAI empowers people with disabilities to reach their goals every day. Our enthusiastic staff of 4,000 professionals believes that everyone has a fundamental right to live, love, work, and learn.
· Partner with senior leadership to establish a strategy for diversity and inclusion at YAI.
· Develop and implement diversity and inclusion initiatives and policies that support YAI’s diversity and inclusion strategy.
· Be an inspirational leader who has the ability to engage, build strong relationships, and provide leadership and direction to our senior management.
· Partner with program leadership to effect change by incorporating our diversity and inclusion mission into all of our programs.
· Establish (and chair) our Diversity and Inclusion Council and provide the Council with strategic direction and ongoing support.
· Partner with senior leadership in monitoring progress and assessing diversity and inclusion- related feedback.
· Work with YAI Human Resources Department to track the outcomes of our diversity and inclusion initiatives (i.e. engage employees; support cultural, diversity, and inclusion shifts with policies and practices).
· Partner with YAI Training Department on training curricula for all employees across programs to support YAI’s diversity and inclusion principles.
· Establish and maintain partnerships with key external diversity and inclusion-focused organizations (i.e. external advisors, universities, civil society, and community-based organizations).
· Partner with the Communications Department to raise awareness and understanding about YAI’s efforts to increase diversity, both internally and externally.
Measures of Success:
· A Diversity and Inclusion Council that equitably represents YAI’s employees.
· Formalized diversity and inclusion policies and procedures for the YAI network.
· A robust diversity and inclusion training curriculum for all YAI employees on topics including: unconscious bias and how to combat it, anti-racism, supporting employees of different identities in the workplace, creating opportunities for growth and development.
· Establish measurable outcomes (i.e. appropriate diversity at senior leadership and upper management levels, etc).
· Increased inclusivity, as measured by lead and lag indicators (indicated by trends found through the repetition of surveys).
Education and Experience:
· Master’s degree in a field related to social justice, public administration, human resources, sociology, social anthropology, management or a related field preferred.
· Minimum of 6-8 years of experience advancing diversity, equality and inclusion in an organization.
· Minimum of 6-8 years in management D&I experience.
· Experience establishing trusted relationships across a community.
· Experience handling confidential information professionally.
· Experience navigating how an organization’s culture can affect the implementation and management of DEI initiatives.
· Demonstrated ability to provide strategic leadership and develop policy and procedure related to program initiatives.
· Demonstrated ability to affect change (re: diversity and inclusion) in other companies, with metrics-based success stories.
· Experience collaborating with senior level management and all levels of an organization.
· Experience working with individuals with I/DD preferred but not required.
· Experience working in the non-profit sector preferred but not required.
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Demonstrated success in working collaboratively
· Understanding of grassroots advocacy and outreach
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or status as a Vietnam or disabled veteran. YAI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.