Albion, New York
KA Recruiting, Inc.
Full-time Director of Care Management needed at a top facility in New York!
(Reference Code: KAM)
DEPARTMENT: Care Management
JOB TITLE: Director of Care Coordination RN
RESPONSIBLE TO: Chief Operating Officer/Chief Nursing Officer
SUPERVISES: Care Coordinator, Social Work Services
Position Summary: The Director of Care Coordination is a working/supervisory position responsible for overseeing and managing the day to day care coordination operations, including high quality, cost effective delivery of patient care, managing care coordination personnel, delegating as appropriate, organizing, and educating staff. The director is responsible for the operational and financial management of the Care Coordination Department.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Experience with Care Coordination, Discharge Planning, Clinical Documentation and Utilization review
2. Knowledge of MCG criteria and patient status change
3. Strong communication and leadership skills
4. Ability to analyze data and employ approved management techniques and statistical tools to obtain maximum effectiveness, efficiency, and information
5. Ability to direct, instruct and advise staff in the approved methods, procedures and practices employed in effective health care administration
6. Ability to receive and effectively react to day-to-day problems presented by staff as well as others
7. Effective organizational, oral and written communication skills, problem solving, program development, computer skills, strong leadership, and team building skills
8. Ability to work with a variety of disciplines and levels of staff across departments and the health system is required
9. Knowledge of payer requirements and discharge planning regulations that support the effective development of departmental policies, procedures and standards
10. Ability to establish priorities, meet deadlines, develop and manage the department’s productivity standard in the management of the work assignment
11. Ability to form positive, collaborative relationships with members of the executive team, hospital staff, post-acute providers and payers
Education and Experience:
1. BSN preferred, MS strongly preferred
2. Minimum 3 years Utilization Review related experience or at least 5 years of acute care medical/surgical nursing
3. Demonstrated experience in utilization management, concurrent review, and appeals process
4. Experience with InterQual or Milliman authorization criteria preferred.
5. Must have excellent computer skills and ability to learn new systems.
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations:
1. Registered Nurse with active New York State RN license
2. Qualified PRI/Screen assessor certification required within one year of hire
Offering competitive compensation and complete benefits!!
For more information, please submit your resume for review or email it to me directly:
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.