Buffalo, New York
PrimeFlight Aviation Services Inc
*Essential Functions: *
As a valued member of the PrimeFlight team, you will provide safe and courteous services to various airline passengers with disabilities, while complying with the Air Carrier Access Act, airport policies, airline procedures, FAA regulations, and U.S. Customs. You will:
* Safely lift disabled passengers with assistance from a mobility device to or from an aircraft seat
* Safely transport wheelchair passengers to and from airport gates
* Carry passengers’ carry-on luggage
* Assist with checked and claimed luggage
* Push wheelchair passengers safely down the jet bridge
* Ensure wheel brakes are in place prior to allowing passengers to exit the wheelchair
* Complete any necessary wheelchair or incident reports
* Assist passenger with security screening requirements and direct them to gates, restrooms, restaurants and ground transportation.
* Stock needed supplies including, but not limited to, baggage tubs
* Assist passenger with any problems, questions, or concerns
* Maintain professional working relationships with passengers, fellow employees, supervisors, managers, airline employees, and airport authorities
* Have computer, tablet or smart phone ability
* Demonstrate regular, predictable attendance at job location
* Exceed PrimeFlight customer service and safety standards
* Carry out other duties as assigned
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies: Problem Solving, Customer Service, Interpersonal, and Oral Communication
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this Job Description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
*General Qualifications: *
* 18 years of age
* Reliable transportation
* Eligible to work in the United States
* Able to follow PrimeFlight Aviation safety guidelines for transporting passengers in wheelchairs
*Language Ability: *
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to communicate effectively (read, write, and speak) in English.
*Reasoning Ability: *
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
*Computer Skills: *
Have computer, tablet or smart phone ability.
*Certificates and Licenses: *
No certifications needed.
*Supervisory Responsibilities: *
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
*Work Environment: *
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but may become high at various times. Employee must be willing to wear/utilize company-supplied personal protective equipment (hearing protection) to mitigate their noise exposure.
Some work is in an outside environment, with exposure to hot and cold temperatures and inclement weather.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Continuously stand and walk for the duration of the shift (6-8 hours)
* Be able to lift a minimum of 75 pounds and push a wheelchair occupied by an adult
* Be able to bend, stretch, twist, squat, and reach out with the body, arms, and/or legs
* Use hands to finger, handle, or feel
* Be able to hear and respond to the spoken voice and to audible alarms generated by airport terminal environment
* Specific vision abilities required for this job include: Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less); distance vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more); color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors); peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point); depth perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships); ability to adjust focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus)
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $13.50 per hour